Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to buy a Pumpkin today

(17 Posts)
wasonthelist Tue 31-Oct-17 09:34:45

DD wants to carve a Pumpkin tonight. I've been away travelling (on trains) all weekend and yesterday so didn't want to lug one around - but now ASDA and CO-OP locally have removed all theirs.

GlitterGlue Tue 31-Oct-17 09:36:48

They've removed them, not sold out? Ours sell them until they've all gone or it's November, whichever comes first.

PandorasXbox Tue 31-Oct-17 09:37:33

Sainsbury’s had some yesterday so might be worth a try.

PickledLilly Tue 31-Oct-17 09:39:27

I’ve got the same problem. We did one in half term but it’s gone manky so I wanted to get a fresh one yesterday for tonight but nowhere seems to have any left.

Birdsgottafly Tue 31-Oct-17 09:41:02

They won't have enough removed them, surely?

I've been on the phone all morning on behalf of my DD, but they've all gone.

We've walked past them all week, so it's pissed me off that my GC will go without, tbh.

The issue is that they've started stocking only carving type squash, so they buy the stock in and then that's it.

None of our local Tesco/Asda stock turnips etc, they are all prepared.

GlitterGlue Tue 31-Oct-17 09:42:50

The market and the greengrocer had lots here, so if you have one might be worth a try? The one I ended up getting from the market was a beast, I could only carry the one.

Butterymuffin Tue 31-Oct-17 09:43:03

Try smaller greengrocers.

Hoppinggreen Tue 31-Oct-17 09:43:53

Hundreds of them in our Sainsbury's yesterday afternoon

RaeCJ82 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:45:44

My local Spar had some left yesterday if you have one of those nearby...?

wasonthelist Tue 31-Oct-17 09:48:30

Supermarkets closed all the greengrocers in my town, but I will try further afield, thanks all

Birdsgottafly Tue 31-Oct-17 09:55:15

Just found some in a distant fruit and veg shop!

Our three Sainsbury's were all out.

Ttbb Tue 31-Oct-17 09:55:49

Oh dear. I was going to get another one today. Oh well, I'll try my luck.

KatnissK Tue 31-Oct-17 10:24:43

I'm just back from my nearest Sainsbury's and they had a few

piefacedClique Tue 31-Oct-17 16:19:43

Same prob for me last year.... I had an army of small carved green peppers in the end which were surprisingly effective! Quite spooky with a candle up their but!

Peachypeaches Tue 31-Oct-17 18:49:47

Get a melon instead, they're really easy to carve and smell delicious when you light the candle inside.

MrsFionaCharming Tue 31-Oct-17 18:51:46

We’ve got a carved watermelon and pineapple on our front step, the trick or treaters seem very impressed!

CheshireChat Tue 31-Oct-17 19:50:02

I remember reading that due to heavy rains this summer there's fewer but bigger pumpkins. Not sure how true it is.

My Iceland had gorgeous ones, but they've sold out sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now