Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

H speaks to himself in bathroom?

(110 Posts)
ju1ie Tue 31-Oct-17 07:18:46

AIBU to worry that my H talks to himself in the bathroom in the morning before work?!

He usually just mutters a few words, but today he sounded like he had a convo and started laughing.

Only happens in the morning. He has a very tough job dealing with global CEO's etc. So is it stress or something else? confused

bert3400 Tue 31-Oct-17 07:20:07

Does he take his phone into the bathroom ?

PurpleDaisies Tue 31-Oct-17 07:21:55

I don’t think this is anything to worry about at all. He is most likely rehearsing a conversation or presentation he’ll be doing later.

Lovestonap Tue 31-Oct-17 07:22:00

I don't think he's talking to himself......

PanPanPanPing Tue 31-Oct-17 07:23:32

I talk to myself quite frequently - but only at home when DP isn't there!

I guess your DH is just going over, in his mind, some of the potential conversations he might have during the day. But he's saying it out loud. So, yes, probably stress - and not so odd.

SonicBoomBoom Tue 31-Oct-17 07:23:41

Maybe he's on the phone.

SonicBoomBoom Tue 31-Oct-17 07:24:00

Maybe he's on the phone.

SonicBoomBoom Tue 31-Oct-17 07:24:45

Nice stealth brag, though!

All these men with their big tough jobs.

goldensyrupisshit Tue 31-Oct-17 07:25:03

Maybe it’s the only way he can get a word in edge ways grin

troodiedoo Tue 31-Oct-17 07:26:29

I talk to myself. I don't even realise I'm doing it until dd or dh hysterically point it out. I wish I could stop it.

CanYouGuessImATeacher Tue 31-Oct-17 07:28:34

I do this, and my dear old dad has always done it too. it's a form of processing either previous conversations or up and coming conversations. Sometimes I have the conversations I wish I could have but I'm too chicken!

Unless he's showing any other unusual behaviour then I wouldn't worry.

Scoleah Tue 31-Oct-17 07:29:25

I do it in the car,
Say something. Answer myself, laugh.
Or go over some comebacks I didn’t get to say at the time or what I should have saids,

Now I’ve wrote it down I sound like a Crazy bat!

chemenger Tue 31-Oct-17 07:30:23

I talk to myself a lot, always have. I don’t think there’s anything to worry about.

sandgrown Tue 31-Oct-17 07:30:46

My work colleague always used to sing " see the pretty girl In the mirror" while combing her hair!

TerribleTime Tue 31-Oct-17 07:31:03

Have you asked him? There's probably a very simple explanation! smile

Bubblebubblepop Tue 31-Oct-17 07:31:50

I do it too

gingerh4ir Tue 31-Oct-17 07:33:12

I do this though I don't have a job as important as your husband. grin

Smeaton Tue 31-Oct-17 07:35:45

I talk to myself too.
Do you?
Yes I do.
That's a bit weird isn't it?
Not really, besides, you're talking to yourself too.
Oh yeah.. didn't think if it that way.
We'll there you go then.

Firenight Tue 31-Oct-17 07:41:57

I talk to myself in the shower. Don’t have a particularly high level job either!

doubleshotespresso Tue 31-Oct-17 07:43:15

I do this sometimes as I am getting ready for the day , often rehearsing in my head difficult conversations / subject matters I might need to raise in the day ahead....it somehow removes any anxiety going into meetings and dealing with folks in different elements of the business. Now I have read this back it does sound quite nuts, but it does work for me.... wink

JaneEyre70 Tue 31-Oct-17 07:45:34

DH has full on conversations with himself in the bath. DDs are very embarassed when their bf's are here grin. He laughs about it and says he's the most sensible person in the house to have a conversation with hmm.

RedSkyAtNight Tue 31-Oct-17 07:50:55

Other one who talks to themselves here. I sometimes rehearse what I'm going to say to other, I sometimes talk through different points of view. Sometimes I vocalise my thoughts without realising.

qazxc Tue 31-Oct-17 07:52:18

Another one that talks to myself to "rehearse" conversations. The bathroom is good as it is private.

uncoolnn Tue 31-Oct-17 07:54:57

Another one who talks to themselves! I never realise I’m doing it until DP points it out blush

deepestdarkestperu Tue 31-Oct-17 07:54:57

I always talk to myself - I’ve done it since I was first learning to speak! I think most people do it even if they don’t realise it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now