Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hives and shingles

(9 Posts)
Jitterbugs17 Mon 30-Oct-17 22:42:00

Posting for traffic!! Someone please help me! I get married in under two weeks. I broke out in hives about 3 weeks ago although wasn't sure what it was every day I wake up with it somewhere else on my body always on my hands though it's so itchy and it stings.. it also looks awful I'm taking antihistamines but it's not enough.

To top it all off I have also have a lovely belt of shingles around my ribs. I'm taking medication but it's not clearing fast enough. I feel like absolute rubbish not at all how I wanted to feel during the lead up to my wedding I don't want to sound vein as it really shouldn't matter as long as I get to marry my dp but this is really starting to affect me psychologically I'm tearful all the time I just wish I was someone else right now because my skin is torturing me. I've been to the doctor about the same thing 3 times now I'm starting to feel like I'm probably getting on their nerves.

Me and dp have had the house apart trying to find the cause and we are still none the wiser. Nothing has changed at home and we are pretty much sorted with all our wedding plans so nothing to really stress over.

Any advice at all would be appricated or if anyone can recommend anything? Don't really have the money spare to see a dermatologist but I would willingly put myself in debt to get this fixed If I had to i can't go on like this.

MyBrilliantDisguise Mon 30-Oct-17 22:48:23

Are you taking the anti-viral treatment?

My son had hives and we never worked out what caused it, but later we found he had a peanut allergy so it might be that he had an allergic reaction to something else that night.

Shingles is really horrible - I'm so sorry for you. After I had it I felt like I'd had really bad flu and that lasted for months.

Birdsgottafly Mon 30-Oct-17 22:49:50

Has the GP said if the Hives are connected to the Shingles and are you on anti-virals?

Jitterbugs17 Mon 30-Oct-17 22:55:23

All I have been given is some creams and some tablets for the shingles but none of it seems to help.

I have been keeping a food diary for the Last week and I've tried to eliminate the most common foods that can cause hives. Wouldn't mind but it's on my palms and soles my lips swelled yesterday that looked awful but it went away by the end of the night

Jitterbugs17 Mon 30-Oct-17 22:56:05

Sorry no she didn't day whether it was or wasn't. I should of asked that question.

Mumof56 Mon 30-Oct-17 22:57:58

Put bread soda on the hives to take away the itch and stingyness.

Jitterbugs17 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:01:48

What's bread soda? Sorry I probably sound stupid.

Mumof56 Mon 30-Oct-17 23:06:04

What's bread soda?

Sodium bicarbonate. It's used for baking bread, scones etc. It will neutralise the acidic histamine in the hives and take the itching away. Just dab a bit on.

Poshindevon Mon 30-Oct-17 23:10:02

Shingles is a viral infection for which your GP will have given you anti viral medication.It can take up to 6 weeks for the rash to heal. The skin can be painful for weeks after the rash has gone, but it usually settles in time.
Instead of searching around the house for a cause you need to rest
Use painkillers to ease shingles pain, keep the rash clean and dry to reduce risk of infection, wear loose-fitting clothing and use calamine lotion to ease itching
You need to go back to your GP as the hives could be related to the shingles. This time when you see the GP ask questiions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now