Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Re pil visiting in late pregnancy

(3 Posts)
timeisnotaline Mon 30-Oct-17 21:15:38

Bil and sil have just moved to canada, and plan on finishing up there and moving back to Australia towards the end of may. Pil were planning to visit us in the U.K. Then visit them in Canada in may 2018. Only my dc2 is now due 28 may. So they could easily miss the baby (dc1 was nearly two weeks late) , dh won't have any spare leave pre baby , and I don't want to be hosting while on mat leave. We cheerily said oh may wont work now. But on Sunday Skyping mil said they have been thinking about timings and they just want to help and want to come when convenient for us... as long as either start or end of may! I don't want to tell them not to visit, or not to visit Bil and sil (although I do feel a bit that they will be back in oz mere weeks after) ,both options feel really mean, but I am not sure I'm going to ok their planned timing. AIBU?

ijustwannadance Mon 30-Oct-17 21:42:44

Assuming they expect to stay at your house? Tell them they will need to stay at a hotel or Air B+B place. Don't host them at all.

timeisnotaline Mon 30-Oct-17 21:56:44

We need to move house before baby - if we have a 3 bedder they will stay with us. If we don't I think they will look for Airbnb. It's more about not using any of my dhs leave because we don't have family in London and he will need it for his family! And I'm an introvert and the last few weeks of mat leave ( on nursery days) will be my last chance for some time to have proper time to myself! Having to host instead of nap, read and Netflix with smoothies fills me with horror grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now