Talk

Advanced search

To ask how often you make time for sex?

(13 Posts)
Sarahh2014 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:17:27

Me and my XH had a sexless marriage for 5 out of 8 years no attraction left in fact made my skin crawl tbh anyway I'm remarried but we got pregnant 3 months into our relationship so have been pregnant or had ds for nearly all our relationship..i think its because of all this I like us to have sex or sexual contact at least 3 times a week is this a lot or not? Just asking out of curiosity

MaidOfStars Mon 30-Oct-17 19:22:42

I'm not sure why pregnancy/small child means you ensure a Three Times A Week rule? What if one of you doesn't want it?

I am generally not keen on rules regarding sex though.

FanjoBanjo1989 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:25:20

3 times a week doesn't sound unreasonable to me. I know people who (say they) have sex every day, and others who are happy with 1-2 times a week, or even twice a month. I imagine a few times a week is 'normal', whatever that means!

StickThatInYourPipe Mon 30-Oct-17 19:25:42

We just have sex when we want too. Sometimes it's 5 times a week, sometimes it's once or not at all

Sarahh2014 Mon 30-Oct-17 19:27:34

Maidofstars* I think I'm overly conscious of wanting to put the effort in as my previous marriage was a fucking disaster tbh in reference to the sex when got kids we didn't have holidays and all the romantic stuff you get when your just a couple I suppose

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 30-Oct-17 19:40:48

Whether me and dp have a shag twice a day twice a week or twice or twice a year, isn't relevant or up for discussion. One thing I will say though. It works for us, so. That's fine.
Same with you. A lot or a little is all about perception. My lot could be someone's little and vice versa, so The big question is
Are you both happy. ?

MaidOfStars Mon 30-Oct-17 19:56:05

I see, OP. I wondered if you were making a conscious effort to keep things going, IYSWIM.

But he's not your ex. And presumably he doesn't make your skin crawl (except in a good way...). Relax.

TBH, if you can be asked three times a week with a small child knocking around, all power to you grin

MaidOfStars Mon 30-Oct-17 19:56:30

Asked = arsed!

RedForFilth Mon 30-Oct-17 20:26:18

It's all relative to the couple isn't it and if you're both happy. I'd say I'm quite a sexual person but I don't have an ideal number of times a week I want to do it. I'd find it a huge turn off if someone said they wanted it at least three times a week because I'd feel like it was expected of me. I do have issues around things like that though due to trauma so probably just ignore me!

Sarahh2014 Mon 30-Oct-17 21:22:43

Thanks for your replies it's not set in stone how often it's just in my mind I like it be at least 3 times my dh doesn't know! I'm v v happy with dh and I don't want the sex ever to go in our relationship my last marriage has affected me more than I thought it wasn't a healthy relationship

TheNoselessProjectOfTheUndead Mon 30-Oct-17 21:27:10

As long as that’s ‘3 times a week yay’ and not ‘3 times a week sigh’ then go for it.

lelapaletute Mon 30-Oct-17 21:39:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lelapaletute Mon 30-Oct-17 21:41:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now