Talk

Advanced search

to thing bp is a little high?

(11 Posts)
hiddley Mon 30-Oct-17 07:33:13

Bp 127/101
Pulse 113

Fibbertigibbet Mon 30-Oct-17 07:35:43

Most people look at systolic (top number) not diastolic (bottom number), and yours is fine. Your diastolic is a bit high though, yes. This may be normal, but a narrow range between the two can be a sign of some conditions. Your pulse is very fast. If you are worried, see your doctor.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 30-Oct-17 07:35:53

That would be high for me, but I'm not sure strangers on the internet can advise you without the context. There were concerns about HBP in my last pregnancy and my note to self was to seek advice if it was 150+/90+.

Rebeccaslicker Mon 30-Oct-17 08:52:34

You need to know what's normal for you and also the conditions it was taken under. E.g. If I test mine at home or if I've been sitting down for ages (eg at midwife appointment) it's usually about 108/68 but when I had it done at the dr it was 140/80.

Pulse does sound high though. Again, everyone's different; mine hovers around 60 (sadly due to genetics NOT fitness!) so I think it's high if it's over about 80 and I'm not working out. Yours might run high naturally but 113 does sound a bit high.

Why not see GP for a quick check? You can also get a monitor from boots and check in the quiet of your own home where you'll be relaxed; they aren't expensive.

MatildaTheCat Mon 30-Oct-17 09:14:03

Much more context needed. Make a gp appointment.

RavingRoo Mon 30-Oct-17 09:18:38

Yes that is high. Husband’s bo was 118/113 and he had to have further tests. Make an appointment with your GP.

girlywhirly Mon 30-Oct-17 10:42:03

I have raised blood pressure and use a home monitor. What you need to assess is your resting pressure, so first thing on getting up, before you have had any coffee or have been rushing around. Sit at a table quietly and take the best of three measurements. A GP may decide to do a 24 hour BP assessment where you wear a monitor for the full 24 hours, and it takes readings at intervals. You need to record whenever you have done any bursts of movement like running upstairs which will give a temporary high reading.

It's definitely worth taking notice of, as undiagnosed high BP can cause all sorts of long term health problems.

scaevola Mon 30-Oct-17 10:52:12

That looks high to me.

The rule-of-thumb normal is 120/80, but that's based on whole population, and younger people and women often have lower readings than men, older people and the heavily pregnant. It's the second number which matters most, and over 100 is definitely something I'd want to discuss with an HCP (actually, I'd make an appointment for myself if it was over 90, but I know I'm usually no more than 75)

sparechange Mon 30-Oct-17 10:53:47

The BP is a bit on the high side, but your heart rate is very high if that is a resting rate and you hadn’t rushed into the appointment

altiara Mon 30-Oct-17 11:47:05

Your diastolic is too high. You should get it tested in the chemist or make a GP appointment.

hiddley Mon 30-Oct-17 13:24:50

That was taken by me at home with monitor I have.
Just been to GP and it was 110/80 confused
One would have to question the accuracy of the one I have!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now