Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you've been in the Cbeebies Panto audience...

(9 Posts)
WillowB Sun 29-Oct-17 22:37:36

Sorry posting here for traffic as I'm guessing there won't be that many posters who have.

Anyway after a really rubbish few months we managed to bag tickets in the CBeebies panto ballot.
The info has been sent through via email and it states that they issue more tickets than there are seats in case people don't turn up!!!

How early did you start to queue? The panto starts at 4.30 & ticket exchange is at 2.30. Will I be ok if I join the queue then?
Any tips from previous panto goers appreciated smile

PickettBowtruckles Sun 29-Oct-17 22:46:16

I've not done that but we've had tickets to a couple of TV recordings before. Ours was filming in London, we arrived about 2 or 3 hours before ticket exchange, got our tickets and then went shopping and for dinner before returning for the filming. They also tend to allocate best tickets first so the earlier you are there the more likely you are to have good seats.

Chatoyant Sun 29-Oct-17 23:09:14

I’ve done it. I think I started queuing at 3pm and we were about 3 rows from the front. I don’t think anyone was turned away that day.

Bringmewineandcake Sun 29-Oct-17 23:32:25

Well done Willow! I thought we were in with a chance this year as our postcode is in the 50% allocation, but nope sad

WillowB Mon 30-Oct-17 06:06:49

Thank you for your replies. That's really helpful. I'll try & get there for when the ticket exchange opens then.
I had no idea that postcode was taken into account. We do live in the east mids though & that's where this yrs panto is being filmed.

KenAdams Mon 30-Oct-17 06:23:13

We were in the postcode allocation too but nothing. No one I know has tickets.

fucksakefay Mon 30-Oct-17 06:33:07

If they are giving tickets out at 2.30 I'd get there an hour before not at 2.30. Have you got another adult going? They can take the kids in the snow queen festival going on outside the theatre at the time of the performances while you queue and then you could all get some food or something once you have the tickets.

TheHungryDonkey Mon 30-Oct-17 07:33:04

My friend did one year. She queued quite early because Of that worry too.

Don’t wear clothes with characters on or obvious logos as they didn’t like it.

WillowB Mon 30-Oct-17 10:39:05

Going to struggle to get there much earlier than 2.30 due to train times so I'll have to hope for the best! It does say on their FAQs that they rarely turn people away for the panto so fingers crossed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now