(92 Posts)
Inkandbone Sun 29-Oct-17 21:07:09

I want the money though.

Oh conflicted mind.

LindyHemming Sun 29-Oct-17 21:10:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

VladmirsPoutine Sun 29-Oct-17 21:10:53

Depends how much you need the money.

I also sometimes can't be fucked but I have certain responsibilities now that would result in me failing others, not only myself, if I don't 'show up'.

By all means have a moan about it and I agree some days we could all do with a duvet and tea day (or whatever your poison is grin). But just get on with it!

Inkandbone Sun 29-Oct-17 21:11:27

I sort of don't (supply teaching!)

But I do want money.

FenceSitter01 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:13:05

Supply teaching, best paid babysitters going. grin

Inkandbone Sun 29-Oct-17 21:13:59

Conceded thlwink

Still can't be arsed!

PumpkinPie2016 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:14:39

You know you have to brave it - I sympathise though, we all have days when we can't be arsed!

What do you do? Do you generally like your job? If not, maybe it's time to look for a new one? I want through a period nearly two years ago where I really felt like I couldn't be bothered with it, in the end, I found a new job (same line of work but different place) and got my mojo back.

DancesWithOtters Sun 29-Oct-17 21:14:43

I don't like being an adult. I want to stay home in my pjs and drink tea in front of Netflix. It's not fair.

Ellybellyboo Sun 29-Oct-17 21:16:32

I don’t want to go either. It’s been mad busy and I feel like I live there at the moment

I could ring in sick, but the boss —DH— would know I was lying grin

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 29-Oct-17 21:16:53

If you’re needing the money then go in, the day goes quickly and you’ll be happy you’ve earned the £££’s.

Inkandbone Sun 29-Oct-17 21:18:16

Oh elly how do you cope !?

I don't really need the money, I just know I'll be twitchy by ten o clock if I don't work and plus I do WANT the money grin

I just really CBA.

Pilgit Sun 29-Oct-17 21:18:26

I'm with you. Had 2.5 days off last week. Expecting to go back to a ridiculous number of emails. It's just depressing! But I will get myself up at stupid o clock in the morning and just get on with it. Sometimes have to remind myself I'm an adult!

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 29-Oct-17 21:22:12

Come to Wales. We've just started half term so you won't have to go to work!

Devonishome1 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:24:35

I don’t want to go to work either tomorrow. I work in a Nursery school,half term has just finished so back tomorrow🙁I’m always ok when I’m there,it’s just the thought of it,lack of freedom to do as you please I think😆

happypoobum Sun 29-Oct-17 21:32:01

OP I have Ofsted coming in tomorrow. Do you feel better now?

TheWickedWitchofWestYorkshire Sun 29-Oct-17 21:36:44

I'm a supply teacher and often have the same feelings! On those days, if I do get The Call, I just try to think that I've only got until 3.30 usually and then I can whizz through the marking and be on my way home by 4. 8 hours at the most. Then reward yourself with a piece of cake when you get home. My favourite days are the mornings only bookings where I'm usually finished by 12.30!

PovertyPain Sun 29-Oct-17 21:39:30

I work from home, looking after other people's pets so they can go to work. I've had one week off in over two years. I'm so jealous. Take it off and stay in your PJs all day and I can live vicariously through you. 😁

pink1173 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:40:41

I have Ofsted too....happy days!

cheeseandcrackers77 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:41:12

Me too. I have a good boss, work with my best friend have no pressure on me and i can't be arsed either.

I did only 2 days for years and at the start of this year agreed to full time. Money is great but sometimes i wonder why i agreed to it lol

AnneLovesGilbert Sun 29-Oct-17 21:41:43

I've got the day off grin

YouCantArgueWithStupid Sun 29-Oct-17 21:42:00

I’ve got a bloody lift installation to oversee. I so don’t want to bloody go in!!!

AnnieAnoniMouse Sun 29-Oct-17 21:43:46

I love my job, but still I often don't want to go. As jobs go I wouldn't change it, but nor would I do it if I won the lottery.

In some ways it's harder when you're in a position of choice!

Are you already booked or will you get a call tomorrow if needed?

I'd hate working like that. I like to know what my day holds & 'the call' would always feel like a massive intrusion!

JustHereForThePooStories Sun 29-Oct-17 21:43:50

Ugh, another lazy teacher.

ButchyRestingFace Sun 29-Oct-17 21:50:22

Does this sum it up?

Viviennemary Sun 29-Oct-17 21:50:54

Work is a choice. I am learning that on MN this last few days. If you don't want to go in then don't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now