Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to not chip in for the handyman?

(10 Posts)
SuperTrumper Sun 29-Oct-17 18:14:54

Not a real Aibu 😄

Just watching one of my fave Friends episodes where Ross has just moved into the apartments across from the others and has been asked to contribute $100 to Howard the handyman’s retirement present. He refuses to and gets alienated by the other residents. Made me chuckle about some of the dilemmas we see on Aibu!
So is Ross BU and is the president of the tenants committee being a CF?

I am deffo Team Ross, although I have a slight bias as I love him think he’s a great character

Bumblebee2302 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:22:32

Team Ross - I sincerely hope no-one in real life would be like Mr President and the other residents and think someone who has lived there for 30mins must contribute. They are the very definiton of CFs

Idontevencareanymore Sun 29-Oct-17 18:24:21

Tea Ross!

It's like being at work on your first day and being asked to chip in for Betty's maternity leave. You don't know her and never will now, why would you?!

Creamswirls Sun 29-Oct-17 18:24:43

It’s like at work when you’re on the lowest rung and haven’t been there long and yet they want you to do a Christmas collection for the cleaner, janitor, handyman and admin team - even though the latter get paid more than you and the former are simply doing their jobs!

Pengggwn Sun 29-Oct-17 18:24:52

I knew it was this as soon as I saw the title of the thread grin

I'm talking about my principles! My principles!

MadMags Sun 29-Oct-17 18:25:30

In this situation Ross wasn't wrong but since he's ghastly, I couldn't ever be team Ross!

nevereverever83 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:28:37

Ross is a manipulative, possessive, emotionally abusive, whiny, sneaky, jealous tosser who is incredible judgemental and not to mention homophobic by the bucketload.

SuperTrumper Sun 29-Oct-17 18:29:28

Madmags, YABU for thinking Ross is ghastly shockgrin

WhatWouldLeslieKnopeDo Sun 29-Oct-17 18:30:10

Ugh, Ross is awful.

They were cheeky, though he ruined the cake!

MadMags Sun 29-Oct-17 18:32:18

He's manipulative, controlling, whiny, self-centred, egocentric, jealous, and emotionally abusive.

I am so NBU! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now