Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think everyone has lazy days with the kids ( MIL )

(79 Posts)
Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:05:50

We just got out of hospital with DD after 2 months on Wednesday !
We have had very little sleep since due to cares and nurses coming every morning.
DSS10 has been away all week and come back today after a very sporty week
Today - I did the cleaning and bathed the kids well 1 the other bathed himself !
We have school run and 2 appointments tomorrow.

So we are lounged in the bedroom watching TV both on their tablets watching you tube in their pyjamas waiting on McDonald's to be delivered.
They haven't apart from being in the bath moved and I'm snuggled under my duvet 😂

MIL turns up to drop her keys off and was absolutely disgusted that this is what we do whilst dh is working !

Santawontbelong Sun 29-Oct-17 15:08:13

Yabu not to be grateful mil hasn't kept your keys!!!
Sounds like an ideal day at home imo!!

PurplePumpkinHead Sun 29-Oct-17 15:09:52

Sounds like a typical weekend in my house (without all the other stuff you've had to contend with!)

Enjoy the rest of your lovely day grin

Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:10:21

Oh they are her keys to her house ( need to feed her dam cats whilst she goes on holiday 😂)

WhatwouldAryado Sun 29-Oct-17 15:11:15

YABU. It has to be kfc. grin. She is just jealous she's running errands.

LondonGirl83 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:11:56

Ignore her. If that was your day every day that would be different but you've just had a baby and are busy. We all need to recharge

Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:12:12

I am telling you I'm not moving 😂Dh will walk in and find a spot on the bed to and that will be us til the kids passed out then we will hit the wine haha

RibenaMonsoon Sun 29-Oct-17 15:13:03

She felt it necessary to comment like that?
Ignore it. You've got a lot going on. Not to mention it's none of her business.

Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:13:22

Sorry should confirm I haven't just had a baby ( before the wine comment seems odd ) DD is 4 was in hospital with sepsis and blood clot.

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 29-Oct-17 15:14:19

I think your MIL should take her disgust elsewhere, frankly.

StatueInTheSky Sun 29-Oct-17 15:14:20

i think your MIL needs her horoscope reading to her < a favourite phrase of my dear old dad>
This is a small chat from you, generally consisting of a good deal of saying it how it is, and advice for the recipient to keep her attitude and comments to her fucking self.

How rude of her!

Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:14:37

She Asked if the kids had been dressed today 😂
Which dss10 proudly shouted nope we are waiting for our Big Macs 😂🙈

DancingLedge Sun 29-Oct-17 15:15:13

Good grief.
Have a lazy month if you can manage it.

Undercoverbanana Sun 29-Oct-17 15:15:31

Send her round here. I am lying under a blanket on the sofa in my DP's boxer shorts and shirt. I have had a rough week and ran 20 miles this morning. I just want to chill. She can lose her shit at me because I have no shits to offer. Good for you OP, for recognising when you need down time and to take care of yourself.

Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:17:39

Dancing ledge I wish - none of us getting any sleep with pumps going off all night !
DSS10 has school, football 3 times a week and it's Halloween on Tuesday and DD has ballet and the washing is still overloading plus nurses daily , and Tuesday and Thursday back at hospital.
I'm not actually offended as I like my Sunday just surely everyone has a I'm not doing anything today days !!

NeverTwerkNaked Sun 29-Oct-17 15:18:17

Yanbu! This is exactly what you should be doing! You must all need it! So glad DD is better now, it must have been very tough flowers

NeverTwerkNaked Sun 29-Oct-17 15:19:17

We are having a lazy day with the kids today too and our only excuse is that our flight got in late yesterday evening!

Sirzy Sun 29-Oct-17 15:21:51

Ds rarely gets dressed on a Sunday. He is autistic and has medical problems he needs Regular rest days. As it sounds like you all do

MiaowTheCat Sun 29-Oct-17 15:27:27

I get the snark from MIL - she's basically the queen of snark. If we've had a pyjama day and she hears about it I'll get it in the neck, if the kids have had macdonalds I'll get it in the neck... anything basically.

Only reason they're dressed on a Sunday is stupid o'clock swimming lesson slot.

crunched Sun 29-Oct-17 15:27:55

Do McDonalds deliver? misses point-

flumpybear Sun 29-Oct-17 15:29:09

Sounds like a perfect day !!! Yesterday we had a lazy day til we got ready for our Halloween party - I promptly took off my sons pyjama top, plonked on his scary costume over pj bottoms - that was it, easy at bedtime wink

flumpybear Sun 29-Oct-17 15:30:19

My MILwoukd have done the same by the way ..... feign outrage and disgust about what the neighbours might think shock

RhiannonOHara Sun 29-Oct-17 15:30:25

Obviously YANBU and yes, everyone has lazy days. None of her fucking beeswax and I'd have told her so but I don't mind being a bitch

If we've had a pyjama day and she hears about it I'll get it in the neck, if the kids have had macdonalds I'll get it in the neck... anything basically. You, not your DH? Interesting how that often seems to be the case, isn't it? How have you not told her to shut her face by now?

Lifeisforliving25 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:30:59

Crunched yes 😂
UberEATS

flingingmelon Sun 29-Oct-17 15:36:32

@crunched

My thought exactly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now