Talk

Advanced search

Isis threaten to kill Prince George at school

(79 Posts)
2boyz1girl Sun 29-Oct-17 15:02:46

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5028613/ISIS-extremists-threaten-attack-Prince-George.html

This is shocking (other more reliable papers are also carrying the same story). Horrible for the royal family to have to read this & also the other parents who have kids in Thomas's

hjublen Sun 29-Oct-17 15:12:24

Are you really surprised? That's why the royals have people guarding them. YABU just for buying a crappy paper.

Orangealien Sun 29-Oct-17 15:16:24

This sort of thing is why I always wonder what makes people jealous of the royal family or describe them as freeloaders. They do us a service bringing tourism and have a huge amount of stress/intrusion. I would not swap places with them for a hundred million pounds. The threat of execution overflow your 4yo baby sad

Orangealien Sun 29-Oct-17 15:16:50

Over
Stupid iPad

2boyz1girl Sun 29-Oct-17 15:16:55

Didn't buy the paper, link came up on social media & double checked to see if other papers had the story too. I'm not surprised but think it awful that other parents with kids in the school have to live in fear... I think I would be moving my child if I had one in same school (I don't !!!!)

MadMags Sun 29-Oct-17 15:17:15

Daily Mail? I wouldn't worry...

Inkandbone Sun 29-Oct-17 15:17:31

Well, the cost of their security isn't free, orange

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 29-Oct-17 15:21:18

The Royal Family have been a target for hundreds of years. They have amazing security. George is in no danger.

scrabbler3 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:24:23

I've no idea how secure the place is, but the social climbers won't be moving their children anytime soon!

Viviennemary Sun 29-Oct-17 15:25:25

I know Prince George has very good security. But I think it is worrying as Isis has infiltrated our society and nobody knows what to expect next. Not sure if I'd be happy for my child to go to that nursery after I read this.

Bettercallsaul1 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:28:19

Well, at least the threat has been made known, so that all possible steps can be taken to prevent it.

Farontothemaddingcrowd Sun 29-Oct-17 15:30:55

If Isis were able to attack Prince George they'd have done so by now. I think the security will be water-tight already.

upperlimit Sun 29-Oct-17 15:32:43

It's not shocking really though, is it?

It's just bullshit ISIS willy waving. Thinking up shitty grandiose ways to be violent is surely the most entry level requirement in which someone becomes a terrorist or wannabe.

RavenWings Sun 29-Oct-17 15:32:44

Poor child, what a gilded cage the royals live in. Isis threaten all kinds of things but the stress of that threat can't be fun for his family or parents of other kids.

Farontothemaddingcrowd Sun 29-Oct-17 15:34:20

Willy waving is a good way to describe it upper.
It must be distressing for his parents to see and I wouldn't want that gilded cage, for all its advantages.

whoareyoukidding Sun 29-Oct-17 15:49:13

Poor kid. I agree with the others who say it's a bit crap being a Royal.

HornyTortoise Sun 29-Oct-17 15:50:44

Theres a video on there of a reporter entering the school unchallenged. Security is not tight at all, though it should be and probably will be now.

mpsw Sun 29-Oct-17 15:55:22

I'm surprised this is news tbh.

Did people think they were given round the clock bodyguards just for prestige?

Or that when security issues (eg perimeter, drive in, selective non-state school so no obligation to admit all-comers) were mentioned at the time of the school being announced and his actual start, that those things were being considered just for fun/exclusivity?

The Royal Family know that they and their children are targets. They have to find a way to live with that.

That there is a threat to Prince George - whether he's at school or anywhere else - is part of his life and always has been.

ShoesHaveSouls Sun 29-Oct-17 15:55:55

It's all talk from ISIS. They wouldn't be able to get anywhere near him - unless we're talking about some sort of London Has Fallen scenario wink

I know a reporter got in there - but George wasn't there at the time. In fact no children were in there, it was still the holiday iirc. Hence no security there either....

Farahilda Sun 29-Oct-17 16:00:23

Da'esh brainwash people on-line. The Prevent programme does a fair amount to counter this kind of brainwashing/radicalisation, but it's a programme that could be doing better.

So no, it won't be actual fighters attacking the school. No need for London to have Fallen. Because it might be someone with a delivery and a low tech weapon.

TheLittleShirt Sun 29-Oct-17 16:01:10

This article is also featured in The Star, Express, Mirror,Metro and Standard amongst others. I think having a go at the OP for reading a shite newspaper is irrelevant!

Silvercatowner Sun 29-Oct-17 16:01:10

Isis has infiltrated our society
What does that even mean??

Polarbearflavour Sun 29-Oct-17 16:01:38

George is safer than non-Royal British children.

OlennasWimple Sun 29-Oct-17 16:02:23

The fact that the Royal Family are terrorist targets isn't news.

It is irresponsible journalism to report this stuff, ISIS don't need any more publicity

sanddune11 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:02:24

le jealous of the royal family or describe them as freeloaders. They do us a service bringing tourism and have a huge amount of stress/intrusion.

Absolutely not imo. There's no evidence whatsoever that they bring in the tourists. The royal palaces aren't even in the top twenty of most visited places in Britain. France did away with their royals years ago and the palace of Versailles gets massively more tourists than Buck house.

As for stress, yeah must be a stressful life getting bucket loads of taxpayers money and palaces thrown at you every year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now