Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think if your 'big baby' can't behave you stay home.

(66 Posts)
Santawontbelong Sun 29-Oct-17 14:29:34

Just back from a naice ice cream parlour, around a fiver a sundae /sweet waffle. Toppings beyond your wildest dreams. Not a fan but waited to end the hols off on a super sweet note for dc!! 4dc from 3-12. All sat super nicely (nice change!) and waited patiently to be served. A couple sat behind us, joined by dc and dgs. The little boy was a bit boisterous but not unacceptably so (about 2). Then the who's farted - was it you? Are you sure you haven't farted? You've definitely farted!
The bloody dgf!!He was winding the little boy up something ridiculous, like a bloody dc!! I mean ffs in a place people have reserved seats and are paying to eat!! Was bloody gross tbh!! Not sure if something was said to him but when we left he was sat round a corner away from the rest of the family!!
Yuck just yuck.

gamerchick Sun 29-Oct-17 14:32:07

Grandfather?

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 29-Oct-17 14:34:17

YABU for your username alone. Get away with that shite!!

Santawontbelong Sun 29-Oct-17 14:35:01

The grandfather.
I mean who goes on like that in public?

Insomnibrat Sun 29-Oct-17 14:35:52

Some families seem to find toilet humour hilarious, poos, farts bring much hilarity. God knows why, I find it repulsive.

SonicBoomBoom Sun 29-Oct-17 14:35:57

confused

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 29-Oct-17 14:36:07

Grim. If he had some horrible bowel condition I doubt he'd find it so hilarious.

Misspollyhadadollie Sun 29-Oct-17 14:39:46

Horrible but then I don't like people talking about farting in public anyway. Some kids were on the bus the other day talking about their balloon making "fart noises" all I could think was yuck and if they were my kids I would have told them to stop!

Armadillostoes Sun 29-Oct-17 14:41:13

I agree. I hate this. It's one thing if children are having a bad day in terms of behaviour-that happens to everyone and is just part of life. But when an adult is deliberately winding a child up in public and in a why which has a negative impact on others, it is just so stupid and selfish.

TheWickedWitchofWestYorkshire Sun 29-Oct-17 14:41:37

It really wouldn't bother me tbh. It's only a word.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Sun 29-Oct-17 14:41:56

His family put him in timeout?!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sun 29-Oct-17 14:46:17

They put him in time out for farting.confused.
I'll assume neither of them have ever let rip. Well when they do, we all better get ready as its going to be absolute cracker. grin

upperlimit Sun 29-Oct-17 14:48:39

Who was sat around the corner, the kid or the grandad?

MargaretTwatyer Sun 29-Oct-17 14:48:55

He made a joke with a small child about farting? Really OP; if you're such a delicate little flower that hearing the word fart means you are put off your food I would suggest it's you who needs to stay home.

Trills Sun 29-Oct-17 14:50:06

Someone on another table in a cafe was talking about farting.

Is that all?

MargaretTwatyer Sun 29-Oct-17 14:50:07

There is some epic pearl clutching going on here. Adults who are disturbed by hearing the word fart.

Inkandbone Sun 29-Oct-17 14:50:57

Well, they can talk about what they want, can't they

Notanumberuser Sun 29-Oct-17 14:51:28

Is that it?

PyongyangKipperbang Sun 29-Oct-17 14:51:47

He was probably sulking like the ridiculous man child he clearly is. My dad has a tendency to wind the kids up and then get the hump when he is told to pack it in.

There is a far amount of toilet humour in this house as DD is a demon farter, but never in public FFS!

Santawontbelong Sun 29-Oct-17 14:52:04

It wasn't a quick comment - he went on and on.
Would you want to eat listening to that? And yeah the dgf was banished so it seemed!!

LizzieVereker Sun 29-Oct-17 14:52:15

I don't think YABU or "delicate" OP, I think a little joke with a small child about farting is fine at home, but in a place where people are eating it's really bad manners. Silly man.

StickThatInYourPipe Sun 29-Oct-17 14:55:41

I'm confused by what actually happened confused

Are you upset that the DGF pushed a fart out to make the child laugh and it smelt or that he was winding up the child that he had farted but no smell was present?

Santawontbelong Sun 29-Oct-17 14:57:49

Def not a delicate flower but don't find talking about farting /smelly farts /smelling a dc bum in a cafe is an appropriate way to behave!!

greendale17 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:00:07

*Some families seem to find toilet humour hilarious, poos, farts bring much hilarity. God knows why, I find it repulsive.*

Me too

elQuintoConyo Sun 29-Oct-17 15:01:01

Did it melt your ice cream?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now