Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that Next will give me a refund?

(8 Posts)
Flossyfloof Sat 28-Oct-17 18:43:14

Bought a few bits in a Next outlet centre last week. I only want to keep one item and return three. I can't find the receipt - not thrown it away but cannot find it anywhere. I paid by card so I have a record of the purchase. If I take everything back along with the skirt I want to keep will they refund, do you think? Or credit note? I don't mind either, I just don't want to be stuck with a load of stuff I don't want!

MrsPicklesonSmythe Sat 28-Oct-17 18:44:28

I've find this before, they will probably put it onto a refund card to be used in store. I'd call ahead do you find end up embarrassed at the till though.

MrsPicklesonSmythe Sat 28-Oct-17 18:45:03

*so you don't end up

Bloody phone.

43percentburnt Sat 28-Oct-17 18:48:59

A normal Next store can track every purchase via the label barcode. I returned some items and they could see the day I bought them etc just by scanning the tag. I got the refund put on a gift card.

Bombardier25966 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:50:32

The website states they'll offer an exchange, although I'd be surprised if they didn't offer a gift card as an alternative.

help.next.co.uk/Section.aspx?ItemId=10776

If the goods were faulty then your card statement would be sufficient to enforce your statutory rights, but a change of mind return is contractual so the proof required may be different (in this case, a receipt).

On the other hand, you might get a friendly staff member that overlooks that and just refunds.

Bombardier25966 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:54:30

A normal Next store can track every purchase via the label barcode.

If you mean the price tag the bar code is not unique, it is the same on all of the tags for that item. They'd be able to track the sales for the item, but if it's a popular item that wouldn't narrow it down. The official policy is that the refund given is the current selling price.

43percentburnt Sat 28-Oct-17 19:08:19

I think it may be called RFID? They scanned the price tag and info about when I bought the item was read to me from the cashiers screen - I was very impressed. They knew the date I bought the item! Which was longer ago then I thought! The item was no longer in stock so they gave me a gift card. I was impressed by the customer service tbh.

43percentburnt Sat 28-Oct-17 19:15:23

content.next.co.uk/pdfs/NXUID_Clothing_Oct12.pdf

It’s called UPOS by Next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now