Talk

Advanced search

To eat an out of date ready meal?

(9 Posts)
Nowwhyareyoucrying Sat 28-Oct-17 18:18:09

It’s a Tesco finest Mac and Cheese (only reason it’s finest is because they did a swap as they didn’t have the bog standard meal), so a vegetarian meal. And it’s two days out of date? It’s fine isn’t it?

I’m 14 weeks pregnant so a bit paranoid about this Listeria bug. And I’m also feeding it to our Swiss student who is rather not poison confused It’s looks lovely though...please say I can eat it.

I’m also a bit worried because it’s just a clip on lid, as opposed to that sealed plastic lid that the normal ready meals have.

letsmargaritatime Sat 28-Oct-17 18:19:23

I would eat it. There’s so much salt on those meals I don’t think they can go off. Plus there’s no meat in it.

Inkandbone Sat 28-Oct-17 18:20:58

Ew no.

Branleuse Sat 28-Oct-17 18:21:08

if the film on top hasnt ballooned up and it smells normal, then id eat it.

Catseverywhere3 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:21:11

If it says 'best before' it's fine to eat, 'use before' means the bacteria levels are too high after this date

KipperBalloon Sat 28-Oct-17 18:22:48

I'm just recovering from food poisoning (no meat involved), so I would say don't risk it, personally.

Nowwhyareyoucrying Sat 28-Oct-17 18:22:56

It doesn’t have the film lid as such Bran.

I feared that might be the case Cats. It’s a ‘use by’ date.

Nowwhyareyoucrying Sat 28-Oct-17 18:24:13

Ok Kipper, you’ve definitely put me off now. Hope you’re feeling better! Beans on toast it is.

Squeegle Sat 28-Oct-17 18:26:07

I would say absolutely ok if you weren’t pregnant. I would be a bit more careful though with a baby inside of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now