Talk

Advanced search

To eat an out of date ready meal?

(9 Posts)
Nowwhyareyoucrying Sat 28-Oct-17 18:18:09

It’s a Tesco finest Mac and Cheese (only reason it’s finest is because they did a swap as they didn’t have the bog standard meal), so a vegetarian meal. And it’s two days out of date? It’s fine isn’t it?

I’m 14 weeks pregnant so a bit paranoid about this Listeria bug. And I’m also feeding it to our Swiss student who is rather not poison confused It’s looks lovely though...please say I can eat it.

I’m also a bit worried because it’s just a clip on lid, as opposed to that sealed plastic lid that the normal ready meals have.

letsmargaritatime Sat 28-Oct-17 18:19:23

I would eat it. There’s so much salt on those meals I don’t think they can go off. Plus there’s no meat in it.

Inkandbone Sat 28-Oct-17 18:20:58

Ew no.

Branleuse Sat 28-Oct-17 18:21:08

if the film on top hasnt ballooned up and it smells normal, then id eat it.

Catseverywhere3 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:21:11

If it says 'best before' it's fine to eat, 'use before' means the bacteria levels are too high after this date

KipperBalloon Sat 28-Oct-17 18:22:48

I'm just recovering from food poisoning (no meat involved), so I would say don't risk it, personally.

Nowwhyareyoucrying Sat 28-Oct-17 18:22:56

It doesn’t have the film lid as such Bran.

I feared that might be the case Cats. It’s a ‘use by’ date.

Nowwhyareyoucrying Sat 28-Oct-17 18:24:13

Ok Kipper, you’ve definitely put me off now. Hope you’re feeling better! Beans on toast it is.

Squeegle Sat 28-Oct-17 18:26:07

I would say absolutely ok if you weren’t pregnant. I would be a bit more careful though with a baby inside of course.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: