Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU Lidl

(31 Posts)
Grumpypregnantlady Sat 28-Oct-17 16:03:22

AIBU to not want to do a 25 minute (plus parking and Lidl time) round trip to Lidl just to buy a couple of steaks when they are for sale in big Tesco where I already am at the moment doing a large shop for £2.82 each?!

Lighthearted DH argument...I get the importance of saving and if I had more meat to buy I might but I've got lots to do and think this is false economy

Grumpypregnantlady Sat 28-Oct-17 16:04:31

Lots to do as in lots of other stuff to get on with today besides a pilgrimage for steak! And yes I know I am spending time posting on mumsnet! 😊

LynetteScavo Sat 28-Oct-17 16:04:55

Yes, but you'll see so many other bargains while you're there...the pumpkins are really cheap.

Sirzy Sat 28-Oct-17 16:06:02

Yanbu. But then again I don’t get the appeal do Lidl anyway

TheCatsMother99 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:06:14

Lidl steaks are better than Tesco. Full stop.

PinkHeart5914 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:09:38

No I wouldn’t drive 25 minutes to save money on something costing just £2.82, it’s not worth it. Life is too short!

RandomUsernameHere Sat 28-Oct-17 16:14:45

YANBU
The petrol to get there will cost money anyway.

NotSureIfiAmWell Sat 28-Oct-17 16:16:09

Add up petrol, your time, wear on the car etc. Is it that much of a bargain now?

Telstar99 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:16:42

Nah I would only go to Lid if it was on my way home.

We have an Asda, a Sainsbury's, a Morrison's, a Lidl, and an Aldi, all within the same one square mile (approx 1-2 minutes drive from other,) in the town where we go shopping (5 miles from our village.) So we often pop into 3 or 4 of them, to make sure we get the cheapest and best from each. But no way would I drive 25 minutes to get something worth less than three quid. That's around 20 to 25 miles isn't it?

Grenoble124 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:16:50

Would ever buy Tesco steaks again.

Grenoble124 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:17:07

Never

Telstar99 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:17:08

*Lidl, (not LID!)

Giraffesarequitetall Sat 28-Oct-17 16:18:41

Lidl steaks are better than Tesco. Full stop.

I agree completely. Get most shopping in Tescos but Lidl steaks are definitely better.

PestoSwimissimos Sat 28-Oct-17 16:18:42

59p pumpkins OP 🎃🎃🎃

Grumpypregnantlady Sat 28-Oct-17 16:21:18

I do need to start shopping more at Lidl. I'm going to make an effort to plan more ahead and get stuff from there and then stuff from Tesco. Lidl steak IS better (though I hate their roast chicken for some reason.)

But am in a hurry today and Tesco is literally five mins away so I think the steak thing is disproportionate in this instance! I bet the steaks will be rubbish and DH will say I told you so!

mumonashoestring Sat 28-Oct-17 16:29:26

Yes, but you'll see so many other bargains while you're there...

grin But they're only bargains if it's something you were going to buy anyway and happen to find somewhere cheaper, which never happens to me in Lidl. I go in for some bread, steak and salami and come out with bread, steak, fish, salami, chocolate, gingerbread, a book, maybe some trainers, drain cleaner, flowers... Depends what's in the Baskets of Random Joy mind...

AlpacaLypse Sat 28-Oct-17 16:31:22

The Lidl steaks actually cost about the same (I assume you're talking about the rib-eyes?) but are undoubtedly better.

I can't wait to get back to shopping at Lidl. DP refuses to drive me that far (nearest is 12 miles away) and insists we use just Waitrose and Tesco which are in our town. Four more weeks until I'm medically fit to drive again sad

WaxOnFeckOff Sat 28-Oct-17 16:32:00

I suppose it depends if you are buying the steaks to have for dinner or to resole your shoes.

dustarr73 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:34:56

waxon grin

thenightsky Sat 28-Oct-17 16:38:12

Its worth the trip for the boxes of mini stollens alone. grin

Liiinoo Sat 28-Oct-17 16:40:47

I know it's not the point but Tesco's steaks are awful. I would rather have cheese on toast and get a nice steak from Lidl another day.

SomethingNewToday Sat 28-Oct-17 16:43:25

If you're doing a 'large shop' at Tesco, i think the money saving ship has already sailed anyway tbh.

Grumpypregnantlady Sat 28-Oct-17 16:45:55

Oh Christ! We bought them as having a guest round (three steaks rather than just a couple!)

I'm thinking about chucking these Tesco steaks in the freezer and going to Lidl secretly tomorrow morning now (can't let DH know or he'll laugh!) 😂

We have pumpkins but I suppose a couple more wouldn't hurt if they are a bargain!

allegretto Sat 28-Oct-17 16:55:36

I wish people would stop talking about Lidl mini-stollens. Our Lidl doesn't have mini stollens. I now really want them!

Molly499 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:55:49

waxon grin

What sort of steaks at Lidl are any good? Curious as I've just paid £7 each for fillet steaks but they will be amazing. Would be tempted to give them a try if they're tender and tasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now