Talk

Advanced search

To think get a grip to those thinking it's okay to Trick Or Treat when it isn't Halloween!

(70 Posts)
BlueButTrue Sat 28-Oct-17 15:50:41

Argh, it’s on one of my Mum groups on FaceBook.

Apparently it’s okay to trick or treat tonight etc if you can’t do Halloween for whatever reason on Tuesday hmm

Wtf!

“I don’t mind at all if someone comes to me, wouldn’t want any littlen missin out cos they can’t do Tuesday”

“Think people are out of order to turn any kids away for the sake of some sweets, let em have some fun lol”

I’ve attached screenshots of the replies that aggravate me the most.

Since when did this country raise such entitled little so and sos?

Would you be okay answering the door when it isn’t Halloween night (31st)?

I just can’t get my head around it.

If you can’t do Tuesday night, as in really can’t do it Tuesday, then tough.

If it messes up routine, it’s just one night. If your child has an activity on, let them decide which they’d rather do.

I honestly cannot believe how entitled some grown adults are.

I don’t see how anyone could have the sheer balls to turn up for sweets on any other night than Halloween...

grannysmiff Sat 28-Oct-17 15:52:54

Not right.

Its fucking Halloween the whole point is its spooky because the following day is all saints. The night of halloween is when the frontier between the world of the living and that of the dead is supposed to be at its thinnest.

Its 31st or nothing to me.

ItMustBeBedtimeSurely Sat 28-Oct-17 15:52:59

No one here had decorations up yet, so how would you even know which houses to knock at if you went tonight? Very strange behaviour.

BlueButTrue Sat 28-Oct-17 15:53:24

Screenshots

dementedpixie Sat 28-Oct-17 15:54:26

Bizarre. I wont have anything in if people come early so they would get sent away. Halloween night or not at all

Sirzy Sat 28-Oct-17 15:54:30

Trick or treating should be in the 31st and only to houses which are decorated.

I am planning on taking DS out for tea on Tuesday night as he hates the costumes and he hates the disruption of the knocking. I would be mighty pissed off if people decided to come other nights.

VioletCharlotte Sat 28-Oct-17 15:54:38

I don't mind trick or treating at all, but only on Halloween. It's fine to have Halloween parties over the weekend, that makes complete sense, but not bother other people. On Halloween I'll have sweets ready and have put the dog upstairs. I won't be opening the door if anyone comes knocking tonight!

grannysmiff Sat 28-Oct-17 15:55:01

But then my neighbour knocked on my door last night to tell me they were havig a halloween party and to let me know if the noise was too much. I thought ot was nice of her to let me know but also:
- its the 27th
- its Thursday so whats the point
- she was just dressed in a cute orange dress

I was like....wow okay, go wiiiiiild man!!!

BernardBlacksHangover Sat 28-Oct-17 15:55:01

Oh lord, I hope nobody arrives here tonight expecting sweets! They'll have to make do with a banana or something. Only buying in treats for Tuesday itself.

AdalindSchade Sat 28-Oct-17 15:55:51

I know. Someone on the local Facebook group said they were going to go out tonight as they couldn't go on Tuesday. I pointed out that nobody will have sweets or decorations so they won't know who to knock for but got tumbleweed.

Sirzy Sat 28-Oct-17 15:55:57

as For the comparison to celebrating Christmas Day in other days - I would be against that too if it meant interrupting strangers evenings!

AdalindSchade Sat 28-Oct-17 15:57:42

I almost bought sweets at Tesco today but put them back as I'll only eat them myself <no self control>

TSSDNCOP Sat 28-Oct-17 15:58:38

No it's a one night only event, and only to houses that clearly wish to participate.

BlueButTrue Sat 28-Oct-17 15:59:13

I know. Someone on the local Facebook group said they were going to go out tonight as they couldn't go on Tuesday. I pointed out that nobody will have sweets or decorations so they won't know who to knock for but got tumbleweed

shock entitled busy bodies everywhere!

SugarPlumLairy Sat 28-Oct-17 16:01:45

I LOVE Halloween. I go all out to decorate etc, get sweets in, throw a party... the lot.
Having said that, no, don't come knocking at my door this weekend, dont turn up on Monday because you're busy on Tuesday and, if you're the supervising adult, don't stand in my street screaming at top of your voice that you "know you tight fuckers are home, come out and give the kids some sweets, you miserable gits" 🙄😱👿

Seriously? I was racing home to get in and get ready to hand out sweets when I saw that idiot yelling his head off, i could have parked my car and got indoors and been able to hand out sweets reasonably quickly but funnily enough didn't till they'd walked several houses past me.

The entitlement is ridiculous in some people.

Having said that AIBU that when I see people I know who live a good mile or so away ToTing in my road I feel a bit "ooh that's greedy" 🤔

Floralnomad Sat 28-Oct-17 16:02:43

We had this a couple of years ago with people knocking the weekend before and I just tell them to come back on the night , if my house gets egged or anything in between then nobody gets anything that is the rule here . I walked the dog locally this morning and there are only 3 houses with any decorations up so I doubt it will be busy on the night despite there being lots of smallish children .

BlueButTrue Sat 28-Oct-17 16:04:17

Sugar What?! Someone actually said that outside your house shock

I’d be livid!

Either that or I’d dip the unwrap the sweet, dip it into washing up liquid, and then hand them out to the offenders child grin

ShotsFired Sat 28-Oct-17 16:14:51

I watched a dispute unfold on my local village FB page.

In the red corner were people saying "we don't do it, so we don't decorate, lights off, appreciate not being knocked up, thanks"

In the blue corner was a surprisingly large gang of parents demanding that all houses participate, and aforementioned lack of Halloween effects at a house is not an indication and all children should knock at all doors and woe betide those who aren't ready (...because won't somebody think of the children!)

shockshockshock

SugarPlumLairy Sat 28-Oct-17 16:15:20

True story! I was racinghome to get ready for trick or treaters, it was still early, not even 6pm so I suspect most people weren't back from work yet. This moron is stood nearly in the road yelling to all and sundry that his kids deserved sweets, cone oyt. Stop hiding, tight dusted bastards etc. In front of a bunch of little kids, there were a couple of other adults with the group, they were laughing and he carried on yelling "we do t need your fuckingsweets hope you choke on them"🙄
And I should clarify the street was not very much decorated hardly any houses were lit up, he was ranting at empty homes basically. Felt bad for the kids but then saw one throwinggravel at window of house as I drove past and though well sod that.

Most kids are a lot nicer round here, maybe dad had been partaking of Halloween spirits😜🍺

BlueButTrue Sat 28-Oct-17 16:17:45

Sugar The sheer audacity! It’s anti social behaviour too 😫

I have a child of my own now but sometimes I think a lot of people with kids are the most entitled in the world lol

PurplePotatoes Sat 28-Oct-17 16:22:48

That's madness it's either the 31st or nothing!

Mist admit though decorating the house (or not) means nothing round here . The first few years we lived here we didn't decorate and still got about 30-40 groups knocking it's relentless where we live up until about 8.30pm so we've sort of just joined in by force really unless we wanted to hide or stay out for the night! I've even had them open the front door when we didn't answer and walk into the hallway! shock

BlueButTrue Sat 28-Oct-17 16:26:11

Purple Didn’t the parents stop them/tell them off?! shock

ProseccoMamam Sat 28-Oct-17 16:45:09

If any of these precious, entitled weirdos invite you to their children birthday parties please please PLEASE send a message back saying ‘sorry but birthdays aren’t just a one day only event can you reschedule your child’s birthday because it doesn’t suit my own personal and quite frankly pathetic needs’

PurplePotatoes Sat 28-Oct-17 17:29:40

I don't know if they were with parents Blue we were upstairs at the time and DH just heard the knock followed by the door open and a boy shouting hello I know you're in.. angry DH just shouted down the stairs saying "what on EARTH do you think you're doing" and he scarpered before DH got to the bottom! Cheeky so and so.

StepAwayFromGoogle Sat 28-Oct-17 17:47:27

OP, that idiot on FB saying that people celebrate Xmas on multiple days. How is that the same? Unless they go round knocking for presents from their neighbours! FFS.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now