Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

NDN Disco Dome

(30 Posts)
Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 15:09:06

Neighbours two doors down have hired an inflatable “disco dome” which is a bouncy castle that blares really shitty funny music and it’s been going since 8am angry last time they did this it went on until fucking 9am the next day complete with pissed up wankers laughing, fighting and shouting the whole time.

WIBU to go and stick a fucking great pair of scissors in it??? Police don’t give a shit, Council don’t care and I am not prepared to spend yet another night with 3 autistic kids stressed out of their minds with the noise and my headache which is building by the second. fucking Despacito makes me homicidal at the best of times but 5 times on the trot at full volume may just tip me over the edge

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 15:09:40

Tinny not funny! Fucking autocorrect angry

Pickleypickles Sat 28-Oct-17 15:12:43

Well there isnt much you can do at 3pm to be honest. If it is still going on at 9pm you could politely ask them to turn it down but really its up to them as 9pm is still early.
Is it a regular occurence? If its just once a year for a birthday i think YABU if its every weekend you aren't.

Ilovechocolate111 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:13:22

When it starts just keep calling the police. They will do something eventually xx

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 15:14:35

The disco dome is about once a month, the pissed up all night parties are weekly at least. Police won’t do anything, neither will the council. Actually considering booking a hotel for tonight just to let the kids get some peace!

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 15:15:01

I’ve called the police so many times and not once have they even come out. Budget cuts apparently hmm

GladAllOver Sat 28-Oct-17 15:17:44

Police have no responsibility to deal with noise. It's the Council's job.
The police will only attend if there is disorder, threats of violence etc.

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 15:20:45

Even when there was a mass brawl in the garden at 2am nobody came. To be honest antisocial behaviour is an issue round here, we’re moving because of it in a few weeks. I’m probably being over sensitive because my head is jumping and the kids can’t cope. It’s so loud that you can’t hear the tv or radio in the house unless it’s over 30 volume and the windows at the side are rattling!

dangermouseisace Sat 28-Oct-17 15:24:39

Environmental health at your council should take you seriously.

I used them twice in my notoriously crap for services council and they sorted both problems out successfully. It was such a relief (both times) when they did.

Having to deal with noise on a regular basis is horrible, more so if you've got autistic children. I really hope you get this sorted soon OP flowers

dangermouseisace Sat 28-Oct-17 15:25:07

X post. Glad you are moving OP.

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 15:27:34

Thanks dangermouse it was the antisocial behaviour department I had used before, I’ll try environmental health! It’s just so fucking loud. I wouldn’t mind if it was just music at a reasonable volume, but this is nightclub level and just so unnecessary!
I’m now angry packing, happier than ever to get away from here now!

MrTrebus Sat 28-Oct-17 15:33:14

To be honest by now I probably would have sabotaged it somehow especially if you're moving soon.

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 16:01:04

A friend of mine just pointed out that a lit cigarette would burst the thing!

GoEasyPudding Sat 28-Oct-17 16:01:12

As you have a long time solution sorted out, there is nothing wrong in staying in a quiet hotel for tonight. If this is an affordable option then go for it.
Can you dress in black and approach in the dark over garden fences and pop it?

Aeroflotgirl Sat 28-Oct-17 16:06:36

Oh no, once a month, poor you😩. Keep a diary and record the noise. Keep on at the council's environmental health. As loud noise through the night regularly is an environmental health hazards. Can you and your neighbours get together and lodge a joint complaint, that way you are not one voice in the wilderness.

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 16:32:13

GoEasyPudding it’s bloody tempting! I reckon a Travel Lodge for the night is a less illegal option, but I’m tempted to ninja up and give it a go grin

Aeroflotgirl I wish I’d thought of that months ago! I’ll speak to my neighbours and see if they’ll help.

Aeroflotgirl Sat 28-Oct-17 16:52:21

Yes get them all to contact Environmental health, so that there are a group of complaints. Staying in a hotel once a month is unfeasible, and expensive. Why should op stay in a hotel.

scrabble1 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:52:28

If you ring police tell them the neighbours are fighting and then they will attend

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 17:10:49

Thanks Aeroflotgirl I’ve spoken to neighbours either side and over the road and we’re going to complain! Thankfully we move in a few weeks so I’m going to take the kids to a hotel when DP comes home so we can get some rest. I know we shouldn’t have to but at this point I’m ready for losing it!

scrabble they didn’t come last time and there was a fight with about 15 people!

Aeroflotgirl Sat 28-Oct-17 17:13:27

It's horrid, I cannot imagine what your going through. My dd 10 has Asd and is noise sensitive, so that would be awful😩

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 17:25:31

At the moment my lot are ensconced in my room (at the front of the house) with tablets and headphones. DP will be home soon, so we’re off to a hotel for the night. It’s awful when they’re hypersensitive to noise, nothing we can do to alleviate the suffering sad

GoEasyPudding Sat 28-Oct-17 18:10:14

Well done making your plans for this evening. I think I would need to do that too under these circumstances.

Aeroflotgirl Sat 28-Oct-17 18:23:09

Good on you, hopefully it won't be for long if your moving.

Notreallyarsed Sat 28-Oct-17 18:29:51

Haha I have never, ever been more glad of a downpour and wind grin
They’re all soaked and pissed off and we decided since we’d booked the hotel, sod it, might as well enjoy a night away grin

Aeroflotgirl Sat 28-Oct-17 18:53:38

Ha ha karma😂😂😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now