Talk

Advanced search

To feel so upset

(4 Posts)
BubblesPip Sat 28-Oct-17 10:20:09

Separated from ‘d’h over a year ago, very young Dd involved who she doesn’t see unsupervised due to DV. I’ve just discovered through a friend that he’s been badmouthing me over Facebook; saying that I’m keeping his daughter from him, I’m vindictive, it was my plan all along to cut him out. I know I’m being ridiculous but I’m so upset. I almost feel embarrassed going out, worrying about what others think of me sad This is horrible. I’ve blocked him and his entire family on fb as I wanted to avoid this, but as we used to work together we have lots of mutual ‘friends’. I’m never going to escape this am I

MargaretTwatyer Sat 28-Oct-17 10:24:08

Posting that sort of shit on facebook almost always reflects badly on the person posting it rather than the person they are posting about.

Even if what he was saying was true a decent person wouldn't use their child as a public football in a row with his mother. The fact he has is going to mean most people raise an eyebrow and think he's more concerned about spiting you than his child.

People will know from the fact he's posted that something is not right with him. Don't be ashamed and hold your head up high. If people believe it they're too dim to be bothered about.

aaaaargghhhhelpme Sat 28-Oct-17 10:28:05

Sorry you're going through this flowers

I'm a firm believer in the truth will out. Let him hang himself with his lies.

You're not witholding access. He just has to be supervised. And that's his fault. People close enough will know the score. And I wouldn't trust anyone spouting their mouth off on Facebook.

If anyone asks. Tell them the truth. But forget it. Likely most people will know anyway.

Take care flowers

BubblesPip Sat 28-Oct-17 10:52:14

Thank you flowers

Deep down I’d be thinking very little of someone who spoke like that over fb, but it’s so hard not to feel very sensitive and upset by it when it’s about yourself sad And who’s to say that my Dd won’t be able to read these things in future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now