Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Michael Gove has just compared an interview on the today programme with being in Harvey Weinstein's bedroom.

(27 Posts)
Butteredparsn1ps Sat 28-Oct-17 08:21:33

It was a joke, but I can’t help thinking it’s incredibly poor taste. He really doesn’t get it does he?

WhatwouldAryado Sat 28-Oct-17 08:25:15

I don't think Gove "gets" humanity.

ShakeShakeTheMuffin Sat 28-Oct-17 08:26:46

Totally agree. Hope he gets into a heap of shit over it. He's a prize tosser.

BlondeB83 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:28:32

Gove is a twat. End of.

InspMorse Sat 28-Oct-17 08:28:56

Give is not human.

InspMorse Sat 28-Oct-17 08:29:12

GOVE even!

PurpleStar123 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:30:16

Does he think he is James Corden? And yes to a PP, he is a twat of the highest order.

Butteredparsn1ps Sat 28-Oct-17 08:36:28

it’s not just me then. It even sounded pre-prepared. Twatty twat twat.

Ilovesliz Sat 28-Oct-17 08:39:43

Does anyone like him in real life? Would anyone publicly claim to be his friend? Apart from his "lovely" wife, of course.

QueenofLouisiana Sat 28-Oct-17 08:45:21

I’ve never heard him say anything that wasn’t twatty, but I thought he’d be intelligent enough to avoid something like that. Arsehole.

Pengggwn Sat 28-Oct-17 08:49:40

How revolting and unedifying.

What irritates me most is the implication that rape and assault victims somehow have their dignity stripped away by the actions of sexual aggressors. Weinstein has no dignity. His victims? Well, that may be the way they feel about it, it may not, but who the fuck is Gove to make that call for them?

PepeLePew Sat 28-Oct-17 08:56:05

It sounded pre-prepared to me too. Nasty nasty man. I hope - though don’t expect - he gets a massive public dressing down from Teresa May for that. It speaks volumes about attitudes to women in Westminster that he could have even contemplated doing that on national radio. Did I call him a tosser already?

Lethaldrizzle Sat 28-Oct-17 08:58:13

Yes bit ironic given that one of the news stories was jeremy corbyn saying how bad attitudes are towards women at Westminster. Way to go gove!

Mishappening Sat 28-Oct-17 08:58:30

What a silly distasteful man. I will never forgive him for his education policies - so many young lives changed by his back-of-the-envelope scribblings - I will not dignify them with the name policies.

Fromage Sat 28-Oct-17 09:03:23

Well I look forward to the stupid moron opening up about his experiences of sexual abuse, and how it is exactly the same as a radio interview. I'm sure many of us would like to know he fully understands and empathises.

Or he could be just a total loser.

Hands up: who voted for the silly litte shit?

LakieLady Sat 28-Oct-17 09:03:47

Tory says something crass, ignorant and demeaning to women? Nothing unexpected there, I'm afraid.

ShakeShakeTheMuffin Sat 28-Oct-17 12:35:03

www.bbc.com/news/uk-41787710

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 28-Oct-17 12:37:27

He's a cunt in every way. However let's not forget. He's not the only villain. The ones who laughed along with him are every bit as bad.

Ratonastick Sat 28-Oct-17 12:38:54

And, again, sexual assault and rape is reducing to a jokey soundbite. Fucking evil arsehole.

Gove is a wanker to say it (actually Gove is a wanker, no qualification needed) but what society are we living in when a powerful man thinks that comment is funny and acceptable. The comment says far more about the general contempt in which women are held than it does about one idiot.

TooManyPaws Sat 28-Oct-17 12:39:33

The man is a twunt of the first order. He got a scholarship to my father's old school and promptly started to recreate himself. He has tried to completely erase his Aberdeen accent and just sounds inhuman android now. The school try not to mention him as it's rather embarrassing for them to have him as an FP. He's tried to remake himself so much he's no longer (if he ever was) human.

badbadhusky Sat 28-Oct-17 12:41:51

I was so angry this morning I started a thread too (in Feminism Chat). Seems he’s issued a lick-spittle apology on Twitter. Fuckwit! Same goes for Humphries and Kinnock and the audience for laughing.

LakieLady Sat 28-Oct-17 12:44:21

Kinnock laughed? shock

Glenys will be serving him up his nadgers on plate for tea.

Violetparis Sat 28-Oct-17 12:54:43

Kinnock replied with a crass comment about groping as well as laughing. Gove, Kinnock, Humphries and the audience members who laughed are appalling.

SonicBoomBoom Sat 28-Oct-17 13:12:23

Kinnoch's comment was just as bad as Gove's.

Mittens1969 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:26:38

Yes, he is an insensitive twat, no question about that. And it was also a totally stupid thing to say.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now