Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be lonely and fed up

(9 Posts)
Farontothemaddingcrowd Fri 27-Oct-17 22:37:57

Just having a whinge. I am lonely, bored and missing adult company over half term. Feel sluggish and a bit fat. Not feeling at my most attractive. Kids seem to constantly trash the house, making slime from various concoctions, or going into the garden and treading mud into the kitchen. Sigh. Aibu to crave adult company?

Pickleypickles Fri 27-Oct-17 22:40:01

YANBU how old are the kids? Could you arrange a playdate with another mum?

Neverender Fri 27-Oct-17 22:40:03

Organise some! Pick your favourite adults and make something happen!

Farontothemaddingcrowd Fri 27-Oct-17 22:42:12

They are older, 11, 10 and 7. Tomorrow I'm going to a meet up with some other parents, which hopefully will be nice. I went on a date last night and he liked me, but I just feel a bit empty inside, if that makes sense. I crave adult company but it doesn't necessarily make me that much happier when I get it.

Pickleypickles Fri 27-Oct-17 22:51:14

You sound a bit lost, have you spoken to your GP?

Farontothemaddingcrowd Fri 27-Oct-17 22:52:34

I am on anti depressants but I'm not sure they are doing a great deal. I'm much better than I was a few weeks ago, so it's all relative I suppose. Just feel like I need a big hug.

SavageBeauty73 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:54:10

Big hugs.

So the date went well? Will you see him again?

Farontothemaddingcrowd Fri 27-Oct-17 22:58:15

Thank you savage. I don't know. He wants to see me next week, but I don't think I fancied him. I wouldn't feel excited to see him again and I didn't want to kiss him at all.

I kind of made myself go after a hiatus from dating because I felt I needed to get back out there. It's getting too comfortable just lying on my sofa watching netflix when I don't have the dc.

Farontothemaddingcrowd Fri 27-Oct-17 23:17:50

It's odd. I'm meant to be having BOTOX this week and I'm having a consultation about rhinoplasty. I know there's nothing wrong with my face and I'm trying to heal a pain in my heart. It won't work. I think I want to make myself look different in order to show myself that I am different. I'm not the person who was dumped by someone she loved, or the single parent who finds things a struggle and who isn't very organised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now