Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think my colleague has put me on a diet?

(93 Posts)
sayyouwill Fri 27-Oct-17 17:22:20

lighthearted

So in my office there is one girl who has nominated herself as the ‘lunch getter’ as she is the** only one who has the time** to actually leave the** building on her break. She is the** most junior so has a lighter** workload than the rest of us. The rest** of us** just eat at our desk or take 10 mins where we can. We have** nowhere to store food from home either** so I** tend not to bring** it in.
Anyways, so every time I** tell her what** I** want, ‘conveniently’ the shop doesn’t** have it or she gets me the ‘light’ or ‘diet’** version** by** ‘mistake’. Even if there** are 3 of us having the same sandwich, she’ll give** the other two** theirs and mine will be the ‘light’ version!

Thing is... I’m** not even big!! I’m** a size** 12 so not super super** skinny, but I** go to the gym 3 times a week and don’t** eat** a lot of crap. I’m genuinely** staring to think that she** is** trying to ‘thin me down’ or something!

So, AIBU to start fattening her up? She’s** a tiny** little thing and I** think it would be sweet revenge...

Spurtle Fri 27-Oct-17 17:23:46

What’s with all the *?

5foot5 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:25:11

Maybe she is a body fascist who genuinely thinks size 12 is overweight.

(Ha! I dream of being size 12 again one day!)

If this goes on and you genuinely think she is doing this deliberately I wouldn't be light-hearted about it I would be fucking annoyed at her presumption.

MyKingdomForBrie Fri 27-Oct-17 17:25:52

Strike through fails?

Yes she’s being a rude twat and I would tell her not to bother as she cannot bring you anything you actually ask for and from now on bring your own.

GeillisTheWitch Fri 27-Oct-17 17:25:56

There must be somewhere you could store food from home, a small lunch bag doesn't take up much room. Maybe she's getting pissed off at being expected to run everyone else's errands and is taking it out on you for some reason.

JeReviens Fri 27-Oct-17 17:27:00

M*y eye**s hut*

ShiftyLookingBadger Fri 27-Oct-17 17:28:03

Maybe because you gym alot she thinks you're into healthy options. I would specifically state 'full sugar coke' etc and see what happens

YouMakeMeFeelLikeDancing Fri 27-Oct-17 17:31:43

* * * * **. Simple

ShowMePotatoSalad Fri 27-Oct-17 17:33:15

Everyone should buy their own food and then this wouldn't happen.

grannysmiff Fri 27-Oct-17 17:34:23

Next time just say "can you make sure you grab me the fatty fatty boo boo version please"

Willow2017 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:35:58

I would start to call her out on it every time.
"Why did you get me the diet version?"
"Sorry thats not what i asked for give me my money back"
"Why did you get x &y what i asked for but not me?"

She is appointing herself the food monitor and has decided she knows whats best for you. Shut that shit down right now.

If she does it once again then next time she asks what you want tell her "you must be joking? You are incapable of getting my order right even once so i will do without thanks."

ZaraW Fri 27-Oct-17 17:40:18

I'd stop complaining and buy/make my own lunch it's not complicated.

LapinR0se Fri 27-Oct-17 17:41:04

You should definitely

sayyouwill Fri 27-Oct-17 17:41:52

I have no idea what happened there!!

expatinscotland Fri 27-Oct-17 17:42:29

I'd start buying or bringing my own. If she comments, tell her your not interested in body fascists and shamers.

BoomBoomBoomBoooom Fri 27-Oct-17 17:44:16

Maybe she knows you go to the gym a lot and thinks you are more health conscious then you are? OR is unsure and gets the lighter option as she considers it the safer choice?

Depends on your height is size 12 is fat 5foot5. If I gained enough to be in a size 12 I would be considered medically obese.

Ginkypig Fri 27-Oct-17 17:47:53

It's annoying that you seem to keep getting the wrong thing but then on the side of things someone is going out and getting you lunch to save you the trouble which is really nice of them so it would feel rude to turn your nose up at it.

If it were me though, I'm a fussy particular eater and don't eat meat so if someone kept getting it wrong the likelihood is I probably wouldn't like it so I'd be secretly a bit annoyed because I'd probably rather have nothing than something I wouldn't eat.

Sweetpea55 Fri 27-Oct-17 17:50:03

take**your***own** Dont***rely***on **her***to***decide***what**you***eat

Venusflytwat Fri 27-Oct-17 17:52:02

*buyher*a***pork*pie***#${^~€]’****\|<

2014newme Fri 27-Oct-17 17:53:53

Get your own lunch ×**,,,,,, *****

whatsthecomingoverthehill Fri 27-Oct-17 17:55:05

Get your company to ensure they have space for you to bring food from home. I was pretty sure that companies have to have facilities like that.

oldlaundbooth Fri 27-Oct-17 17:57:19

Reach for the * op

browndollXo Fri 27-Oct-17 17:57:18

@BoomBoomBoomBoooom

Depends on your height is size 12 is fat 5foot5. If I gained enough to be in a size 12 I would be considered medically obese.

What are you saying ?

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Fri 27-Oct-17 17:58:10

Next time she asks say "That's kind, thanks. But only if you're going to get me what I order, otherwise it's a waste of your time and my money. I'll write it down for you, if they don't have it then please don't substitute."

RedForFilth Fri 27-Oct-17 17:59:40

Do you get along with her generally? Maybe she's trying to tell you she doesn't like you or you've pissed her off in a wierd passive aggressive way?

But yes you should get your own lunch. Lunchbox with a cool pack in it would surely be fine for a few hours?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now