Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why don't people take their rubbish when they leave the cinema?

(43 Posts)
hussherbye Fri 27-Oct-17 16:17:47

Just that really. It’s so lazy and annoying. Especially when they have kids with them!! I know people are paid to tidy up but they shouldn’t have to pick your rubbish off the floor because you can’t be bothered angry

allegretto Fri 27-Oct-17 16:18:39

Because they are lazy slobs?

Winterfellismyhome Fri 27-Oct-17 16:18:57

My local cinema asks people to leave it behind so they can recycle it. But if they don't ask, you should take it with you. It's rude

Ummmmgogo Fri 27-Oct-17 16:20:23

I thought you were meant to leave your rubbish? I have never seen any giant bins just outside the screen?

DamnDeDoubtanceIsSpartacus Fri 27-Oct-17 16:21:08

Our local is a Vue. They ask you to leave it behind and they recycle everything.

deepestdarkestperu Fri 27-Oct-17 16:21:10

Our local cinema asks you to leave it so it can be recycled properly.

HidingBehindTheWallpaper Fri 27-Oct-17 16:22:15

I quite agree. You took it all in there, pick it the hell up.

Jasminedes Fri 27-Oct-17 16:22:19

Yes, told to leave it in big chains these days. Seems wrong, but probably does boost recycling.

MaroonPencil Fri 27-Oct-17 16:24:36

I think the staff prefer to collect it all up in a big bin bag than have the bins outside overflowing as everyone's tries to stuff their rubbish in, leaves their rubbish on the top of full bins etc.

I used to be an usherette. Back when they were called usherettes. I had a torch and a tray of ices and everything.

PandorasXbox Fri 27-Oct-17 16:27:00

You’re not supposed to.

HarrietKettleWasHere Fri 27-Oct-17 16:27:01

My local cinema has a lovely little of family of mice who feast on the discarded popcorn that lazy slobs scatter all over the floor smile

jay55 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:29:56

Because there are not usually bins outside.

Bluntness100 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:31:25

Do you work in the cinema cleaning up? Is that why you find it annoyinG? Or is your local cinema dirty?

Ours wish it left behind, because they don’t have the bins to collect it all in the public areas, it’s easier for them to close the cinema doors and clean quickly than to have to have huge bins in the public area they need to then empty in the public area with customers milling round.

PotteringAlong Fri 27-Oct-17 16:31:30

You're meant to leave it? Our local cinema has big signs asking you to leave it. It's much more effective to just pick it up at the end of the film than have to keep emptying overflowing bins outside and they can recycle it all.

Columbine1 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:31:52

Umm there are always bins outside - that's where I put the rubbish you leave behind!
I volunteer at a film festival & this is part of the job - I have to pick up disgusting things like used tissues sad

WitchesHatRim Fri 27-Oct-17 16:34:15

Big signs at our cinema chain asking you to leave it.

HarrietKettleWasHere Fri 27-Oct-17 16:35:17

Even if there are no bins (and there will be, Christ forgive you might have to carry your rubbish on your person until you spot one) there is no excuse for HOW messy people leave the cinema. Upended half full popcorn boxes, drinks kicked over, spilt tortilla chips....

It was disgusting at the theatre the other day actually, kids just encouraged to lob empty ice cream tubs on the floor because 'someone will come and clean it up'.

There were loads of bins.

MyHandsAreHighMyFeetAreLow Fri 27-Oct-17 16:36:02

Vue have big signs everywhere abd an on-screen display before the film saying to leave your rubbish beside your seat so when we go there we leave it.

HornyTortoise Fri 27-Oct-17 16:38:36

I went to the cinema just a few days ago and picked up all our rubbish to take out and the attendant told me to put it down and 'not be so silly' and thats what they are paid for. Apparently the cinema recycle it all too so its not a good thing to take it to bin.

First time I have ever been stopped taking rubbish mind, and we go maybe 3 times a year

Columbine1 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:39:00

Vues do have bins. It seems courteous to use them.

HornyTortoise Fri 27-Oct-17 16:39:33

Our local is a Vue. They ask you to leave it behind and they recycle everything.

This might be why I have never been 'told off' before. We usually go to odeon but the other day it was a the new vue cinema in town

MyHandsAreHighMyFeetAreLow Fri 27-Oct-17 16:40:04

Vue specifically tell you not to take your rubbish and to leave it in the auditorium next to your seat.

Columbine1 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:42:45

I've been going to this Vue for 10 years & somehow never noticed that people are told to leave rubbish! It all goes in a bin bag together so its not recyclable.

hussherbye Fri 27-Oct-17 17:04:58

Ours is an odeon, have never been asked to leave it behind. Even if that was the case, leaving it scattered all over the floor is disgusting and very lazy! I agree there should be more bins, preferably different ones for recycling halo

WitchesHatRim Fri 27-Oct-17 17:06:34

Vues do have bins. It seems courteous to use them.

Not here they don't.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now