Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be absolutely freaking out that there could be something seriously wrong with me.

(11 Posts)
HelloTestingTesting123 Fri 27-Oct-17 10:37:13

I’m 28 and have 2 toddler aged children. I suffer from chronic urticaria and although I’ve suffered from it for years, I’ve been having a really bad flare up of it for the last few months.

Today I have woken up with a cracked nipple. I have no idea why this has happened. There has been no friction to the area that I can recall.

I’m now worried out of my mind that I could have cancer or something and that’s the reason I’ve been suffering so badly with the chronic urticaria as my body has been trying to fight that.

I can’t go to the doctors until next week so I’m going to be stressed out of my mind until then! I don’t suppose anyone has had cracked nipples and it not be anything serious? Posting here for traffic really. Thank you.

HelloTestingTesting123 Fri 27-Oct-17 10:37:48

I do have another thread but didn’t get much response and I’m hoping someone might be able to ease my worry sad

HelloTestingTesting123 Fri 27-Oct-17 10:50:10

??

LuluJakey1 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:00:46

I don't know what you mean exactly by a cracked nipple but I have had, several times across the years, a small patch of irritated skin on one of my nipples. I was very worried and have seen the GP every time - it has been an irritation/eczema and has cleared up with the right cream.

It worries me when it happens but as it has flared up the few times over a period of 18 years I am more confident now the GPs have been right. The skin cracks at the edge and is sensitive - they give me a weak steroid cream. My breasts are hormonally sensetive apparently. I suffer cyclic breast tenderness as well.

Hope that reassures you a bit. You are doing the right thing to go to your GP. I don't know anything about Urticaria but did not want to just leave you worrying alone.

MaidenMotherCrone Fri 27-Oct-17 11:05:18

Posting just so you know someone is listening flowers

I'm not medically trained so I cannot say whether or not it's anything to worry about but there are many, many innocent reasons why it's happened.

If I woke with a cracked nipple I wouldn't assume something terrible though unless there were other worrying signs/symptoms.

If you had woken and discovered behind your ear was split and sore would you feel the same?

Can you call the medical helpline, I'm sorry I don't know the number, just for some advice to set your mind at ease until you can see your G.P?

HelloTestingTesting123 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:08:51

Thank you both. It’s where the nipple meets the areola. It’s a crack round the nipple which goes about a third of the way round the nipple. Thank you so much for replying. Very valid point about the fact I wouldn’t worry if it was my ear. My biggest cause for concern is that my health hasn’t been at 100% for the past 3 months. That’s making me concerned that I’ve got something more serious. These sorts of situations just really freak me out 😢

Birdshitbridgegotme Fri 27-Oct-17 11:17:29

I know its easier said than done but try not to worry. I once had my nipple as yp7 describe. Mine used to week and was very itchy. The doc gave me cream and said it was nipple eczema

peachgreen Fri 27-Oct-17 11:21:32

I'm very prone to skin conditions (including urticaria and PMLE) and I get dry, cracked nipples pretty regularly. Always out of the blue (I think I sometimes scratch it in my sleep which is why I wake up with it). It never occurred to me that it could be anything other than just dry skin.

Still a good idea to see your GP, even if just to set your mind at rest, but I think it's far more likely that it's just an extension of the urticaria than anything more sinister.

HelloTestingTesting123 Fri 27-Oct-17 11:23:53

I haven’t had any urticaria on or around my breasts at all in the last month, but thank you for replying. I don’t think it’s that, unfortunately.

HelloTestingTesting123 Fri 27-Oct-17 14:57:37

Feeling a little more calm about it all now. Even if it is something sinister, stressing about it won’t help anyway!

LuluJakey1 Thu 16-Nov-17 20:20:52

How did you get on at the Drs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now