Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to be calm but still in control of my life??

(7 Posts)
Pariswhenitdrizzles Thu 26-Oct-17 23:51:03

Pretty much as it says in the title. I haven't really explained myself very well.

Basically, I'm such a massive bloody stress-pot. But I seem to know (or come across) so many people who work incredibly hard and are very successful but still manage to be extremely calm and cool-headed. I'd love to be like them i.e. to go with the flow but also feel in control at the same time. How can I do this? Is there a way? Is it even possible??

Anecdoche Thu 26-Oct-17 23:56:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pariswhenitdrizzles Fri 27-Oct-17 00:00:03

Thanks anecdoche smile I'm so sorry - I've just realised thatI phrased my OP really badly blush

I think what I meant to ask was: AIBU to ask how people who have lots of responsibility and lots of things to do stay calm and in control?

Flomper Fri 27-Oct-17 00:03:04

This has really reaonated with me OP. I am also normally stressed/anxious running round at a million miles an hour. I come across and am regularly described as "in control", "very clever", "i dont know how she does it" etc etc but I feel sick with stress and anxiety most of the time and cant relax.

However, when I occasionally do and take my foot off the pedal, everything seems to go to shit and i cant keep all the plates spinning (company, kids, house, friendships etc)

I dont know what the answer is.

Pariswhenitdrizzles Fri 27-Oct-17 00:13:00

Flomper flowers I felt exactly like that today. I had loads of appointments on to get to, loads of things on and felt sooo stressed. I felt like I was spinning loads of plates, and they were all starting to drop!! sad

I am in awe of anyone who looks calm and collected but who has loads going on.

Whenever I feel stressed (which is most of the time!) I just clam up and get really irritable, teary and anxious as fuck!!! And to top it all off, I'm boring to talk to, because all I can think about is whatever is stressing me out, so I make shite converation(!!!)

Anecdoche Fri 27-Oct-17 00:29:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pariswhenitdrizzles Fri 27-Oct-17 07:26:51

Thanks anecdoche smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: