Talk

Advanced search

Bit freaked out actually!

(12 Posts)
BillywilliamV Thu 26-Oct-17 23:46:07

Not sure I abu. Routine mammogram exactly a year ago ended in left breast mastectomy with reconstruction, routine smear test yesterday has got me right back on the accelerated cancer diagnosis pathway with a dodgy cervix and doctor metaphorically sucking her teeth. Probably nothing right? But all feeling very familiar , dodged a bullet last time, not convinced my luck is going to hold again.
Still, probably nothing right?

Ttbb Thu 26-Oct-17 23:52:19

YANBU to worry-I would be-but it's probably nothing. Good luck x

Branleuse Thu 26-Oct-17 23:54:42

I hope everything is ok x

jellyfrizz Thu 26-Oct-17 23:56:00

Oh love, of course you are freaked out, I'm sorry you're having to go through all the worry again. Crossing fingers and toes that you're a master bullet dodger.

TheMamaYo Thu 26-Oct-17 23:56:08

No one can blame you for being freaked out. It must have been a scary experience.

I guess they just really want to look after you very well. I had several friends who got to the stage you're at, with an all clear after.

Try to stay with what you know in this moment to be true. Not the future, not the past, just now. And now you are ok. Just a slight bump in the road.

Good luck, hope it all turns out really well, and quickly!

Myheartbelongsto Fri 27-Oct-17 00:03:36

I have a friend who was treated for cancerous cells and she is absolutely fine.

I had a mammogram a couple of months ago. I had so many symptoms I was terrified. After examining me my doctor said well my heart I don't believe in sugar coating things and I believe you have much to worry about. I had nipple discharge, my nipple had inverted and you could barely see it. Same breast had discharge. Had a pain in my arm out and a burning sensation in me boob. I couldn't believe it when I was given the all clear. I think we convince ourselves of the wrong thing sometimes but its very hard to relax when your worried.

Things are not always as they appear.

Good luck x

BillywilliamV Fri 27-Oct-17 00:09:30

Thank you, you’re all so kind. I know the two things are unrelated really. I kept telling myself right through the mastectomy and everything that things could be so much worse because that was it, no more treatment. Can’t be thinking that this is the so much worse... I’ve been positive all along, for my girlies, allowed a little wobble.

NameChangeFamousFolk Fri 27-Oct-17 00:22:02

Oh, you are allowed a wobble. I hope all is well, OP.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 27-Oct-17 00:26:27

i'm sending a hug - wobbles are ok

WhyWouldYouThinkThat Fri 27-Oct-17 00:40:09

🌷🌹🌻🌼🌸🌺

Hope everything is ok. It's very understandable to worry though. Hope you find everything is ok and I hope you find out soon.

SavageBeauty73 Fri 27-Oct-17 01:07:22

Everything crossed for you 🌸🌸🌸

viques Fri 27-Oct-17 01:44:21

Horrible,horrible coincidence. But thank heavens for access to screening.

Best wishes to you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: