Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Psychic told me to leave my DH

(104 Posts)
icedwatermelon Thu 26-Oct-17 22:53:19

I went to a psychic evening last weekend and the tarot card reader told me that basically my DH was being "unfair" to me, that we had a lot of issues but none of those were my fault and that she felt it was best that I move on as there was a brighter future without him waiting for me.

This was said infront of a room full of people, most of who I knew locally. She asked if I could relate to what she said and I said genuinely I couldn't - we are very happy and since having our last child have been in a really good place.

I've since found out that someone from the psychic evening has gone and told people what was said and has come to the conclusion that my DH is clearly having an affair and it's only a matter of time before we split.

My DH is incredibly upset and annoyed at the situation and said he wishes I had never gone. AIBU to contact the psychic (I have her card) and tell her how her words have impacted me and my DH??

KeepServingTheDrinks Thu 26-Oct-17 22:54:46

Well if the psychic's any good, she'll be expecting your call! hahaha

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 26-Oct-17 22:55:42

Oh FgS!! Use your brain.

gamerchick Thu 26-Oct-17 22:55:46

No just ignore her.

People with a ‘true’ gift for want of a better word aren’t ‘allowed’ to give bad news or other negative stuff. She’s an obvious fraud and a stirrer to boot.

Don’t let her words have any power.

Ttbb Thu 26-Oct-17 22:55:53

YWBU to go to a psychic in the first place.

LindyHemming Thu 26-Oct-17 22:56:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thenightsky Thu 26-Oct-17 22:56:56

Ignore her. That's all she's worth. Psychic my arse.

Aquamarine1029 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:57:02

Hi, Daily Mail.

user1471548375 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:58:50

People with a ‘true’ gift for want of a better word aren’t ‘allowed’ to give bad news or other negative stuff.

OP you should call 101 immediately to log this outrageous fraud.

icedwatermelon Thu 26-Oct-17 23:00:02

I went with a group of friends. We take it in turns to plan something to do and my one friend planned this evening. First and last time I'm ever going to one

BertrandRussell Thu 26-Oct-17 23:00:23

You and your dh are bothe being unreasonable to do anything but laugh off the bollocks.

Redglitter Thu 26-Oct-17 23:00:41

What on earth do you hope to achieve by calling her. She'll stand by her 'prediction'
If you're going to go to one of these nights you need to treat it as what it is. Forget it and don't go to any other nights

Insomnibrat Thu 26-Oct-17 23:00:53

Sadly, even if you contact the psychic now, the event has happened and the damage is done. This cannot be rectified.
I would try to play it down now, least said, soonest mended. No one will care by next week.

I DO think the psychic was being terribly unprofessional by airing 'bad news' in any sort of public arena though. I have been known to do Tarot (free, for friends who ask) and any sort of negativity from the cards has to be handled very delicately, loosely and with the utmost tact. I'd certainly never whittle a disloyal male figure in someone's life down to defiantly being their DH. Could be anyone. She sounds like an alarmist.

BertrandRussell Thu 26-Oct-17 23:01:24

"People with a ‘true’ gift for want of a better word aren’t ‘allowed’ to give bad news or other negative stuff."

Aren't allowed by whom?

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 26-Oct-17 23:04:36

and tell her how her words have impacted me and my DH??

Did you not expect what the psychic said to have an impact on you? What did you go for? Just to hear that someone close to you would have good news soon? The psychics words did not impact your relationship. Your ridiculous reaction to it has impacted your relationship.

LipstickHandbagCoffee Thu 26-Oct-17 23:04:43

1st. Don’t be so daft, take no heed to what some woohoo cash for comment says
2nd love this notion of a code of honour amongst cash for comment psychics.oh do no harm Betty

gamerchick Thu 26-Oct-17 23:05:33

It’s just like a cosmic rule thing. If you’re given a ‘gift’ it’s to bring positivity type of thing. Depends on what you believe in.

Mind you’re not supposed to use it for money gain either so....

expatinscotland Thu 26-Oct-17 23:05:40

Yep, I agree with the one who said YWBU to see one of these charlatans in the first place.

Guavaf1sh Thu 26-Oct-17 23:07:01

Psychics are either con artists or insane

icedwatermelon Thu 26-Oct-17 23:07:37

NoCry have you seriously read the fucking thread or are you just trying to be a goady fucker.

I went because my friend organisers it and didn't ask or expect a "Reading" so get back in your box

PinkHeart5914 Thu 26-Oct-17 23:07:42

If I Told you to leave him right now or told you to jump of a bridge would you listen? <<hopes answer is No>> so why would you listen to someone that tells you they have a ‘gift’ ? 😂

Take no notice it’s all bloody rubbish

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 26-Oct-17 23:08:45

grin yes I have read the fucking thread, it’s how I was able to respond to your ridiculous whingeing that about what your own silly behaviour has done to your relationship.

icedwatermelon Thu 26-Oct-17 23:09:06

Also it's the fact that someone in that room has taken what she said has gospel and spread it around which has upset me! Like others have said, I was told before hand that they wouldn't tell you anything bad

SoulStew Thu 26-Oct-17 23:09:45

I think she’s fishing for you to get mor readings to find out what your husband is up to!
But, luckily for you, I have the gift! Please send me £££ and I will tell you!

icedwatermelon Thu 26-Oct-17 23:10:47

Well fuck off this thread then because if you had read it you would realise that me and my DH are fine, it's how upset he is by people talking about what was said on that evening and taken as gospel 🖕🏻

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now