loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to microchip my children?

(9 Posts)
SisyphusDad Thu 26-Oct-17 22:11:30

"Get a Smart Meter", they say!

"It'll save you electricity", they say.

For me, maybe yes. For my DSs? It will be a cold day in Hell when they realise that electrical things have an 'off' switch as well as an 'on' switch.

But if I microchipped them I could put a sensor in each room that would know when the room was empty and then turn off all the lights and TVs and games machines and and and.

So it would save on electricity by not lighting empty rooms and save me energy by not going round the house constantly turning things off.

Personally, I don't see the problem.

PurpleDaisies Thu 26-Oct-17 22:13:23

You don’t need to microchip them. Get them a collar.

Neverender Thu 26-Oct-17 22:15:07

I’m considering motion activated lighting in every room...you snooze, the light goes off!

BeyondTheMoon Thu 26-Oct-17 22:19:06

Would the microchip have GPS in too? I'm in.

SisyphusDad Thu 26-Oct-17 22:19:12

@Neverender

Tried that. But the Smart Home toys I've got can turn lights on if they sense movement or turn them on then off but can't just turn them off if there's no movement.

Whoever designed them did not have children.

SisyphusDad Thu 26-Oct-17 22:20:26

@Beyond

I'm sure I could include that as an optional extra.

Blankiefan Thu 26-Oct-17 22:23:12

It can't be that far away

Ethylred Thu 26-Oct-17 22:50:21

Pay each of them to find out what the other one is doing and tell him to stop it.

SisyphusDad Thu 26-Oct-17 23:18:18

@Ethylred

Nice idea, but since neither of them has the remotest awareness of dirty clothes, dirty dishes, empty crisp packets, turned - on things or anything else of a similar nature, I'm not sure how useful it would be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now