Talk

Advanced search

To show you all the unbelievable mess I just made :(

(171 Posts)
Rebeccaslicker Thu 26-Oct-17 20:25:33

Tried to open the shower screen door to let out DD's bathwater and the whole bloody thing shattered - this is halfway through the clearing up!! I'm daunted.

Tell me about times you've made a huge mess so I can feel better whilst I sweep and poor DH goes through the toilet water with a sieve please!

Rebeccaslicker Thu 26-Oct-17 20:25:57

Here! sad

hesterton Thu 26-Oct-17 20:27:33

Wow! That looks like a car crash. I hope no-one was hurt. My biggest mess was a fridge shelf breaking, smashing wine, sauce and jam, and spilling milk and cream.

AuntLydia Thu 26-Oct-17 20:29:20

Eek, poor you! I had similar thing happen with our oven door. I was out in the garden with dinner in the oven and I heard a big bang - went in to find my oven door in a gazillion pieces over the floor. I think I'd fucked it up somehow by cleaning it. Good luck with your clean up operation!

FetchezLaVache Thu 26-Oct-17 20:29:37

I've just made a bit of a mess making DS a set of 'Foxy' (from FNAF) ears for his Hallowe'en costume, including supergluing a shit load of red fake fur to my fingertips. But it doesn't compare to that! I hope DD was well out of range before it went.

BillywilliamV Thu 26-Oct-17 20:31:37

I dropped a full jug of black currant squash straight down from about four foot up. Managed to splash every wall and the whole kitchen ceiling with indelible blue marks, two weeks after DH had decorated.

Nikephorus Thu 26-Oct-17 20:32:27

You'd be better hoovering it....

wobblywonderwoman Thu 26-Oct-17 20:32:29

Ah shit op. That's awful.

TheNewMrs Thu 26-Oct-17 20:32:47

On the plus side OP, just going by that little picture there I'd say you've got a lovely bathroom grin even if it is currently minus a shower screen door...

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:33:48

I dropped a litre bottle of orange juice (with bits, fucking devil bits which stick to everything) all over the brand new kitchen rug. It was like an explosion, no idea how but it even reached the ceiling. I'm still finding little sticky orange splotches now, weeks later.

Ttbb Thu 26-Oct-17 20:34:35

Oh dear. I hope you manage to get it cleaned up tonight. Shatter glass is a bitch to clean up. At least it isn't one of those carpeted bathrooms

isseywithcats Thu 26-Oct-17 20:35:31

part of my job is to clean commercial size fryers, guess who forgot to put the stop cock back up and proceeded to refill the fryers about two pints of oil all over the floor i had just cleaned

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 26-Oct-17 20:35:53

The loo seat is up!!!!!! grin

anyoldname76 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:36:54

i once put our slow cooker away on the top shelf in the pantry, which fell and hit the handle of the chip pan, which both then dropped and knocked over a tin of emulsion in the pantry, so i had a mixture of broken ceramic, oil and paint to clean up. hope my story makes you feel better grin

Seeyamonday Thu 26-Oct-17 20:36:54

Cooked mushy peas in the pressure cooker, steam blew the weights off the top, mushy peas came screaming through the top of the widget thing and painted my kitchen ceiling a lovely shade of green!!

picklemepopcorn Thu 26-Oct-17 20:38:00

Does the water need sieving? Can’t you let it flush away?

I dropped a canister of ground coffee over a 1yr old's head once. It took weeks to come out of her hair.

phileas Thu 26-Oct-17 20:38:09

Stealth boast ?

Loo seat up debate ?

Loo brush debate ?

Just kidding , I like your bathroom

bluebrushes Thu 26-Oct-17 20:39:40

And you have a LOO BRUSH....faints dead away

TheHuffAndPuffALot Thu 26-Oct-17 20:39:46

We had a new dishwasher delivered today, and dp had disconnected the old one ready to be taken away and recycled.

I started on the washing up this afternoon whilst waiting for dp to come home and connect up the new one.
Tipped the water down the sink...and it all comes pissing out the cupboard. Soaked everything!! He had forgotten to blank off the pipe!
Dd and I had to completely empty the cupboard, dry everything off, chuck out wet packaging etc. To top it off the huge box of washing powder completely disintegrated and ended up all over our feet and the floor.

iamyourequal Thu 26-Oct-17 20:40:18

The glass is a mess. But on the plus side it won't take long to clean up and you do have a lovely bathroom by the look of it.

PookieSnackenberger Thu 26-Oct-17 20:40:32

Late for work, two youngest children dawdling, I noticed someone had left a 4 pint carton of milk out.

I grabbed it in a rush, it slipped in my hand and bounced vertically. It would've been ok if the person who had used it had screwed the top on, but no, the top was resting on top.

4 pints of milk canoned all over me, my hair, my black suit. I honestly wanted to cry but instead stood swearing loudly.

Had to wipe myself down with a towel, throw towel on top of milk and proceed to do school run and get to work late. Stank of milk all day. It was grim.

Sorry about your shower screen. It must've been a shock!

Caulk Thu 26-Oct-17 20:40:41

I put a slow cooker dish on the side whilst finding out plates. Picked it up and the base stayed still and I was left just holding the sides. the casserole went everywhere.

Babysitting for a child who dropped a glass bottle of homemade blackcurrant cordial on a tiled floor...

pangolina Thu 26-Oct-17 20:40:44

When I was waiting for someone to come and view my flat I upended a pot of gloss paint all over my bathroom floor. I swear my heart stopped beating for a second.

Aquamarine1029 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:41:59

Thank goodness no one was cut! What a mess. Two years ago I dropped a jar of tomato sauce on my ceramic kitchen floor. It exploded like a bomb. Sauce was literally everywhere. On the ceiling, fan, under the hanging cupboards, every cabinet face, appliances, everywhere. Took me hours to clean and I still found spots of sauce for days afterward.

FenellaMaxwellsPony Thu 26-Oct-17 20:47:11

Turned the tap on too hard in the office kitchen and soaked myself head to toe, plus all the work surface, plus the floor. Went to reach the kitchen roll from the top shelf to dry it all up, and dislodged and catering sized tub of instant coffee, to which the lid wasn't, of course, on properly. Rained Nescafé all over the wet kitchen and wet me, which formed an instant brown paste over everything. The smell was terrible, and I ended up having to throw away my entire outfit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now