Talk

Advanced search

How reasonable would it be, in an online shopping order...

(14 Posts)
Trills Thu 26-Oct-17 20:17:40

... to ask for long thin salmon fillets and not square ones?

(you know what I mean right?)

And do you think I'd get it?

Have you ever asked something quite specific of your picker?

Starwhisperer Thu 26-Oct-17 20:18:24

I always ask for that and usually get smile

PavlovianLunge Thu 26-Oct-17 20:19:39

If you don’t ask, you won’t get. You might ask and still not get, but it can’t hurt to try.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Thu 26-Oct-17 20:24:25

I asked for chunky carrots (easier to peel) and got them

Trills Thu 26-Oct-17 20:42:51

You don't think they'd sneeze on my apples to punish me for being a picky bugger then? grin

MagicMoneyTree Thu 26-Oct-17 21:07:10

Wait... what... you can specify stuff?? Well you learn something new every day! Cannot wait for my online batch of green bananas!!

YogiYoni Thu 26-Oct-17 21:19:22

But why would you? The square ones are better!

FruitBadger Thu 26-Oct-17 21:21:43

I always ask for green bananas Magic. They're not always green but I don't get ones with brown bits on any longer grin

BrutusMcDogface Thu 26-Oct-17 21:21:59

I always request small courgettes, and wonder if the pickers giggle at that........

Coconutcreampie Thu 26-Oct-17 21:22:38

How do you do requests??

lionsleepstonight Thu 26-Oct-17 22:12:51

Good luck with that!
My supermarket can barely manage the usual list, never mind special requests!

Idontevencareanymore Thu 26-Oct-17 23:54:10

I've done the picking shopping job (many moons ago) and often had notes specifying products.
It's all about the service nowadays so knock yourself out and go for the salmon!

BrutusMcDogface Fri 27-Oct-17 00:47:14

There's a little box next to each item when you view your basket on Tesco. That's where you write the requests! Not sure about other supermarkets though.

BiddyPop Fri 27-Oct-17 09:39:34

I often do notes - either to say what subs to get if needed, or to be particular about particular things, or specify weights if that button is not working (sometimes I have to guess the weight of tomatoes say, and I might guess a weight but note that I am looking for 3 large ones).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now