Talk

Advanced search

Another wedding one CFs

(17 Posts)
MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 18:49:18

Please tell me it’s not just me.

Invited guests to our wedding with RSVP date. Everyone replied although had to chase a few people up.

Let Hotel know numbers and paid.

A month to go and two guests have since said their partners are unable to come, another couple unsure as close friend terminally ill, OH has fallen out with his sibling and they are not coming, another’s partner has double booked himself so will have to eat and run and another couple haven RSVP’d replied to texts but have told another guest that they will be there.

FFS - what is wrong with people?! angry

MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 18:51:45

It’s not about people not coming it’s peoole saying they are, us paying for them then then not coming -it’s doing my head in.

RavingRoo Thu 26-Oct-17 18:53:27

This happened at my wedding. Had 2 empty tables. Lucky for us the caterers packed the unused meals and so we and family bad a midnight feast after the wedding

Namechangetempissue Thu 26-Oct-17 18:53:37

Very rude except in exceptional circumstances.

Joinourclub Thu 26-Oct-17 18:55:03

It's difficult I know, but peoples circumstances change. It's your most important day, not theirs. At least they are letting you know now! It doesn't sound like they are being flakey (apart from the non rsvp'ers).

MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 18:56:11

Also <on a roll> when mentioning to guests you have a seating plan then responding with “can I sit with so and so” NO!

God I am Bridezilla I am obsessed 😂😂

Santawontbelong Thu 26-Oct-17 18:56:38

Maybe have an mn quiz to win one of your spare spaces?
Could add some fun guests to your special day!!

MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 18:57:45

Santawon’tbelong

grin

We didn’t have plus ones for single people so I have contacted them and invited them to bring someone (one is no longer single).

abbsisspartacus Thu 26-Oct-17 18:57:56

Will it even out? Will the drop outs balance the drop in?

Doobigetta Thu 26-Oct-17 19:11:30

How many people did you invite in the first place, OP? And are the drop-outs people you are less close to? Curious to know if it's just the way it is, or whether the risk increases the more people, and therefore more remote people, you invite.

MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 19:14:57

Invited (104) with a view to 100.

No the people dropping out are close (OH sibling was best man 😫).

I do know other people who have had people (family of 4) accept and then not turn up which is appalling IMO.

MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 19:15:37

Least it’s a buffet I guess 😂😂

lljkk Thu 26-Oct-17 19:26:47

There's a similar rule to learn when booking a kids' party.
Take the number you expect (who RSVP'd yes) & subtract a few, maybe just 2-4.
This accounts for the last minute no-shows.

If you get last minute additions, the hotel (party venue) can always accommodate, but you don't have to pay for them unless they turn up.

MrsEight Thu 26-Oct-17 19:29:29

lljkk

Hopefully I will be doing neither ever again grin

elfinpre Thu 26-Oct-17 19:30:41

We had the opposite and ended up with 120 instead of 116 the end because of a few +1s. But we didn't have to pay the final amount until the day and I must have been on the phone to them with several different requirements in the final two weeks and the venue were great about it

SecretSmellies Thu 26-Oct-17 19:51:27

we had a woman neither of us knew who was a friend of someone turn up and plonk herself down at a spare seat (My BIL did not turn up as expected).

Then she turned up at the airport to wave us off on our honeymoon.

Fluffyears Thu 26-Oct-17 20:16:59

This is why i’m eloping (among other reasons) no CF guests, no one trying to
Interfere. Go away for a few days, come back as mr and Mrs and then have a meal out got close family,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now