Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Car seat dispute!

(17 Posts)
Namechangedfirprivacyreasons Thu 26-Oct-17 15:32:34

Please could anyone help settle an argument? I'm tearing my hair out here!

I'm about to buy a new BeSafe Izi Plus and want to get it in metallic melange (grey) because our other other car seat is black and although it washes well the colour does fade and worst of all in the summer the black seat gets almost too hot to touch. My OH thinks it won't make a difference getting a slightly lighter colour and that the grey will stain and look dirty all the time.

We've put off buying a flipping seat for ages now because we can't agree! Does anyone else have experience of these please so you can tell us who is right and which colour to buy?!

Thank you for your help!

ImDoingLaundry Thu 26-Oct-17 17:44:37

Our car seats have been bright orange, blue, black and grey. They all washed well, especially the orange one, the black was the worst because it faded so much.

Just get the grey one, a bit of stain remover works wonders smile

MrTrebus Thu 26-Oct-17 17:54:42

Wtf who cares it's a car seat just get the one You want if you're going to be ordering it and he can get over it.

MrTrebus Thu 26-Oct-17 17:55:13

And we have a grey one so I agree with you anyway grin

grobagsforever Thu 26-Oct-17 17:57:04

Hi can anyone help? I want to buy some Tupperware. I like the green but I am worried the colour looks a bit like leaves. Should I play it safe and get blue?

Aquamarine1029 Thu 26-Oct-17 18:05:16

We've put off buying a flipping seat for ages now because we can't agree!

REALLY?! You honestly have NOTHING better to talk about than a car seat? How does something this insignificant even become something to argue about? I'm at a loss.

WorriedandExhausted Thu 26-Oct-17 18:11:07

Get the grey one, removing stains occasionally is easier that trying to keep a dark car seat the right temp for a baby over summer.

GreenTulips Thu 26-Oct-17 18:13:28

I just went a brought a suitable seat that for the child - that's it

Do you do this with every purchase? Must be exhausting.

Namechangedfirprivacyreasons Thu 26-Oct-17 18:36:57

Thank you for the serious responses, I appreciate it.

For everyone else that did at least give me a giggle. grin I have a wonderful life, thank you. We're not normally this indecisive, no.

Hope you at least got a kick out of your nasty comments and they made you feel better about yourselves. You think I have no life? You were the ones with nothing better to do than bitch about a stranger for no reason. confused

Namechangedfirprivacyreasons Thu 26-Oct-17 22:06:54

Admin can you please delete this thread? Thanks

Changerofname987654321 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:08:38

If you have a tall ish child don’t get it. Get the axi kid instead.

NancyDonahue Thu 26-Oct-17 22:15:47

Can you make a cover for the summer? Just take a white cotton sheet and cut out holes for the straps. That should keep it cooler.

CoffeeBreakIn5 Thu 26-Oct-17 22:21:29

I'd go for grey, black never looks clean and car seats always end up covered in mess even with all the goodwill in the world.

PurplePillowCase Thu 26-Oct-17 22:23:18

car seats are supposed to be stained and manky

Namechangedfirprivacyreasons Thu 26-Oct-17 23:32:24

Thank you. My little ones are quite short like me unfortunately so it'll be ok. We already have another BeSafe that seems to be fine. Thank you though Changer! I did look at that one.

Great idea thank you Nancy! My sewing skills are non existent but I think I might give it a try anyway. grin

Thank you Coffee and Purple, I totally agree !!grin

grobagsforever Thu 26-Oct-17 23:34:23

Oh lighten up OP! You have to admit your thread was trivial in the extreme.....it's funny!

RebelFreddyVSRogueJason Fri 27-Oct-17 00:55:50

People actually care about these things?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now