Talk

Advanced search

To report her to ASDA Customer Services?

(84 Posts)
BlueButTrue Thu 26-Oct-17 14:38:36

On Sunday, I was doing a quick shop at about 3.30.

I was in the shop for all of two minutes before a tannoy (I think that’s how you spell it?), announcement declared there were sandwiches between 6p and 10p at the customer service till.

I took a swift walk down with my trolley, only to find everything on a smaller version of one of those bread trolleys supermarkets have.

I went to have a look at first (didn’t touch), and the ASDA lady standing there said “Can I help you?” I said just looking and she was all hmm

I went to pick up a sandwich and it was snatched away, with her saying “Excuse me! That’s mine thank you. I’ve already paid for them all, hands off” with a very intimidating smile.

I’m 37 weeks pregnant, took this to heart and felt myself go hot with embarrasmenf as I walked away blush

AIBU to expect better customer service and report the incident to customer services?

I still feel quite silly over it. She was in full uniform and as I was getting bread, I saw her wheel the trolley into the back room! Implying she wasn’t off her shift yet even.

Santawontbelong Thu 26-Oct-17 14:40:14

Def report her!! Entitled madam!!

BlueButTrue Thu 26-Oct-17 14:41:17

Santa She has about 20 sandwiches and wraps shock

I love a bit of reduced but can’t say I’d take all 20+, how on earth will she consume them all?!

FullMoonAndSpooky Thu 26-Oct-17 14:41:38

I'd report her, rude cow.

FeelingAggrieved Thu 26-Oct-17 14:41:55

Yanbu. She shouldn't have grabbed the lot.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 26-Oct-17 14:42:11

So she bought all the reduced stuff before any customer could? I don’t think they’re allowed to do that.

scurryfunge Thu 26-Oct-17 14:42:27

So had she been scooping the reduced items for herself? I'm sure ASDA wouldn't let staff do that. Let them know.

BlueButTrue Thu 26-Oct-17 14:43:25

What annoys me most is I literally walked down as soon as the announcement was made and by then they were all in her possession

I remember working in Next when I was younger and we couldn’t even put a full priced item behind the till to pay for later as it was seen as potentially depriving a customer

AnnieOH1 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:43:44

Maybe she then went and gave them all away to the homeless. Still not saying it's right but just there may be reasons.

I would go back to the store and speak to the manager there.

Kragghooooooullllll Thu 26-Oct-17 14:44:19

I think hormones are at play a little bit that you're still stewing over this 4 days later.

If you had an issue with how she acted you should have complained straight away.

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Thu 26-Oct-17 14:46:53

Actually yes YABU. I think it would be kinder not to put her job at risk over something fairly trivial to be honest. I can see it must have been a bit embarrassing, but I wouldn't dwell on it, it's really not worth it. Hope everything goes well with your baby flowers

TashieWoo Thu 26-Oct-17 14:47:44

Something similar happened to me in M&S a little while ago with reduced yellow sticker strawberry tarts. I sent customer services a quick email as I was rather pissed off and got a £5 gift card so it was worth doing!

NoCryLilSoftSoft Thu 26-Oct-17 14:48:47

I think it would be kinder not to put her job at risk over something fairly trivial to be honest.

Her bad attitude isn’t trivial though. That reflects on Asda as a company and needs addressed.

BlueButTrue Thu 26-Oct-17 14:52:02

It’s her attitude that’s bothered me, not the sandwiches.

She was incredibly intimidating and I’m not that easily intimidated. She made me feel like a peasant scrounging for scraps

BewareOfDragons Thu 26-Oct-17 14:54:32

I would email customer services. I'm sure that not only is it against store policy, but that she was intimidating and rude to a customer about it.

Sparklingbrook Thu 26-Oct-17 14:58:43

That's really weird behaviour. I would email Asda and ask what exactly was going on. I can see why you were upset, she made you feel awful. And yet there was a tannoy announcement suggesting you go and get the sandwiches.

WhoWants2Know Thu 26-Oct-17 14:59:50

If it was enough to upset you then it’s fair to complain- it certainly doesn’t seem like successful customer service.

Did you catch her name? If not, then your feedback may not have much impact on her directly, but it’s something that could be communicated to the staff team ax a group.

Spuddington Thu 26-Oct-17 14:59:55

Her attitude is off, and she can't possibly need them all. I go shopping at reduced item time to get what I need - it's how I survive. I wouldn't take everything. Ever.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 26-Oct-17 15:01:29

I do see why you're upset. Not sure if someone felt the need to buy 20 reduced sandwiches I could report them. Just in case there was a pressing reason they had to buy 20 reduced sandwiches. Even if they were a rude arse (and she was!).

PinkHeart5914 Thu 26-Oct-17 15:02:34

It’s rather greedy for anyone to take them all, I mean seriously nobody needs 20 sandwiches do they.

Aeroflotgirl Thu 26-Oct-17 15:02:49

I would report this, I do t think your allowed to do that, customers come first. Her manner was very rude.

InsomniacAnonymous Thu 26-Oct-17 15:04:19

I also think you should email customer services and relate what happened. It's not acceptable IMO.

TitaniasCloset Thu 26-Oct-17 15:04:19

I think you should report this, that's terrible customer service.

ColonelYFronts Thu 26-Oct-17 15:07:24

If she had said it in a jokey way this would have been fine. But it sounds as if it wasn't and also didn't sound either professional or kind. I would contact the store

Tenroundswithmiketyson Thu 26-Oct-17 15:08:35

Yep. Report. I doubt she's allowed to

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: