Talk

Advanced search

Friends constant showing off

(21 Posts)
Misspollyhadadollie Thu 26-Oct-17 12:46:50

I'm single and until recently so was my friend. She's now in a new relationship (not that new about 9 months) and she just seems to be constantly showing off about it! I'm not even exaggerating! It's contact talk about him, constant saying how great he is, how lucky she is, how much he does for her etc. to the point that 90% of our conversation is about him. Aibu in finding it annoying. Especially since I'm single feels like she's rubbing it in my face.

KC225 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:11:11

9 months. Wait till she moves in and she'll moaning about snoring, wet towels on the floor and dirty socks etc. If is was 9 weeks I would let her enjoy her new 'in love' status. But 9 months you are entitled to utter a playful 'yeah, I get it. Can we talk about something else please'

Oh and while your at it. Ask if he has a brother You can double date

Nettletheelf Thu 26-Oct-17 13:14:43

No, you are not BU. This sort of thing really irritates me. Friendship is supposed to be a two way street, not one person acting as a receptacle for the other’s crowing about their own favourite subjects.

beachygirl Thu 26-Oct-17 13:18:06

The lady doth protest too much, methinks. I bet his feet smell.

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 26-Oct-17 13:19:37

She's constantly updating me aswell. So it will be "he's here now" "he's just left :,(" he's the best guy ever, he's so great, I'm so lucky.

Nikephorus Thu 26-Oct-17 13:25:45

Update her on everything in your life then - "I've just had a fantastic bowel movement" "I'm so lucky I have an efficient digestive system" "My toilet must be the most comfortable ever" "This toilet paper is soooo soft on my perfect arse"
Okay so you may not have a friendship by the end of it but you'll make your point, enjoy yourself, and appreciate the efficiency of the modern sewer system! grin

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 26-Oct-17 13:44:54

Lol love that idea! Might just do it so she can get the hint! Sick of hearing how great he is.

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 26-Oct-17 13:47:46

Wow she's just sent me 3 voice notes on whatsapp and 2 of them are about things he has said. I'm literally updated on any comments he makes.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 26-Oct-17 13:51:04

She is rubbing it it your face. I think you need a new friend.
Horrible wallowing gloating bitch.
Karma will have her. Smugness is her worse enemy.
Does the idiot think she's the only one in the world in a relationship.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 26-Oct-17 13:52:56

Oh there's nothing wrong in being happy. However when you use that happiness to laugh at others and rub their nose in their shit is very very different.

LazyDailyMailJournos Thu 26-Oct-17 13:55:14

Just be honest with her:

<friend name> I'm thrilled that you are happy with <bloke name> but have you noticed that you are literally updating me on everything he says and does?! Please don't think I am being nasty - I am really pleased you are so happy but you don't need to share his every fart and sniffle with me!

FeelingAggrieved Thu 26-Oct-17 14:33:13

YANBU. That sounds so annoying.

Do as a previous poster said and update her on every little thing you do.

"Morning Susan! Just had a banging shit #feelingblessed how's your day?"

Bbbbbbb Thu 26-Oct-17 15:26:45

I, too, think she's rubbing your face in it. What other reasons do the constant updates serve?

Tell her her constant updates are annoying but also let her know that you are NOT jealous and are happy for her. I had this same scenario & when I brought it up, I was accused of never wanting to see her happy and being jealous. I had to sternly point out, that I didn't need to be woken up with a text most mornings, telling me what a great Shag she'd had the night before hmm

PandorasXbox Thu 26-Oct-17 15:32:53

As annoying as she sounds and it is I doubt she’s doing it deliberately. Sounds more like she’s fallen for him and can’t stop talking about him.

Start yawning a lot.

LazyDailyMailJournos Thu 26-Oct-17 16:15:28

"Morning Susan! Just had a banging shit #feelingblessed how's your day?"

Changed my mind - send ^^this instead grin

RiotAndAlarum Thu 26-Oct-17 16:27:11

He might be annoyed about the oversharing, too!

YouCantArgueWithStupid Thu 26-Oct-17 16:32:58

PPs are really upsetting me because I haven’t had a 💩 for 3 bloody days! #BangingShit #BlessedBowels

Birdshitbridgegotme Thu 26-Oct-17 17:26:49

Omg I'm dying at the #banging shit! You so need to do it...... She sounds like she's just happy but it would do my head in too, does sound like she's rubbing your nose in it. Hopefully she takes the hint!

TequilaLemonSalt Thu 26-Oct-17 21:18:29

My friend keeps doing this, and also saying to me 'don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone like <bf> one day'. 🤢 so patronising.

Misspollyhadadollie Thu 26-Oct-17 21:28:12

Omg yes I get the "don't worry you will find someone soon aswell" the other day she was talking about them two going cinema to see jigsaw I was like oh yeh that looks good and she went "I would invite you along but.." I wasn't asking to come like I want to sit there with you and bf playing gooseberry was only saying it looked good!

Maelstrop Thu 26-Oct-17 21:52:07

Is he really all that? Sounds like she's trying to persuade you and herself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now