Talk

Advanced search

What's ruined your day?

(184 Posts)
Kelsoooo Thu 26-Oct-17 12:10:21

***light hearted****

So aibu to ask what's ruined your day?

For me....

I had a sickness bug the other night, slept all day yesterday and woke up yesterday evening dreaming of a cooked breakfast.

Decided to get a Morrison's breakfast this morning..... specifically asked for no mushrooms and no toast....

It gets brought to me with mushrooms :-( I bloody hate them. Stupid slimy cooked slugs....and the smell...ugh!

And to compound how much that has ruined my day...I look up (after missing my mouth) mid breakfast to see the guy I have a meeting with at 1pm (and is so gorgeous it should be illegal) is sat opposite me and has just seen me land bacon down my dress :-(

Today sucks. And it's raining.

UrsulaPandress Thu 26-Oct-17 12:12:04

The ginormous rain spider that was on the mirror has moved. I do not know where it is.

<wibble>

ShatnersBalloonFromPennywise Thu 26-Oct-17 12:13:26

HMRC.

BexleyRae Thu 26-Oct-17 12:15:14

My scotch egg was very disappointing

MissionItsPossible Thu 26-Oct-17 12:15:15

Having the day off but forgetting to turn my alarm off so was woken up at 5:30am angry

BernardBlacksHangover Thu 26-Oct-17 12:15:41

My sore back!

Wtaf am I going to do with my energetic toddler this afternoon? I always end up having to carry her places when we go out. Not possible today, with bad back and baby bump.

Bringbackpublicfloggings Thu 26-Oct-17 12:16:06

OH told me I need to loose at least a stone.. I'm 5'5'' and a size 10, don't know where that suddenly came from but the comment really hurt.

Spuddington Thu 26-Oct-17 12:16:46

I have a cold that just won't go, I need sleep but I have work tonight and toddler DD all day. Who also has a cold so won't be going to nursery tomorrow and I'm meant to be working all day...

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Thu 26-Oct-17 12:19:37

Aww sympathies bernard, I was in the same shoes not long ago!

For me it's the effects of sleep deprivation kicking in - dc2 full of cold and bf all night, plus dc1 waking in the wee small hours too. I am therefore feeling totally unreasonable in all things today and am irritating even myself

OstentatiousWanking Thu 26-Oct-17 12:21:46

I'm making soup and just realised I forgot to get crusty bread when I went shopping.

It won't be the same thlsad

OstentatiousWanking Thu 26-Oct-17 12:24:50

Bringbackpublicfloggings My ex once said I had ruined my body having kids. I was stunned.
I divorced him. He was a pig.
flowers for everyone

flyingpigsinclover Thu 26-Oct-17 12:27:23

Waiting in because the freezer has got to be left unplugged and open to defrost after somebody left the door open...

Glumglowworm Thu 26-Oct-17 12:28:23

Toothache

Rain

Wightintheghoulies Thu 26-Oct-17 12:28:35

Bringbackpublicfloggings what an arse. Unless he looks like Chris Hemsworth, he should keep his opinion to himself. Actually, I'd even tell CH to fuck off if I was a healthy size and he told me to lose weight!

Not me, but my partner has just texted me that Lidl bakery doesn't have any pain au raisin in for him. We were going to enjoy some pastry/donuts this afternoon whilst catching up with The Apprentice (which Facebook has already half spoiled for me, typical).

silkpyjamasallday Thu 26-Oct-17 12:29:14

I've had a cold for a few days but today it's ramped up I've not been able to breathe for coughing, full of phlegm and I have zero energy. I also got my period today and they have been debilitatingly painful since I had DD. So feeling pretty useless and shitty overall. Thankfully DP is home for half term so has taken DD out twice already today, done all the housework, run me a bath and bought loads of fruit and herbal tea for me and has just let me sleep. I'm feeling a little guilty as I can't stoop to pick DD up or play with her.

BoredOnMatLeave Thu 26-Oct-17 12:31:17

Spent 45 mins making DD a lovely pasta lunch. She refused to eat even 1 bite.

She ate DP's flaming hot Doritos's though.

dantdmistedious Thu 26-Oct-17 12:31:55

Boiler blew up this morning.

cardibach Thu 26-Oct-17 12:32:08

It’s my birthday. I have week off work. I woke up at 6 with a migraine. Bastard thing. On strong painkillers and feeling sorry for myself on the sofa.

Maelstrop Thu 26-Oct-17 12:34:36

A mate is coming for lunch sad I have two free days this week, this being the second one. I'm an anti-social misery, I know, but I can't be bothered. She's very intense and I just haven't the energy. I want to snooze in a chair with a dog on my knee.

NorthernPowermouse Thu 26-Oct-17 12:37:21

Mastitis. For the fifth time since August.

stitchglitched Thu 26-Oct-17 12:37:23

I started the pill recently to combat my heavy periods and I'm currently taking 3 packs back to back, as advised by the doctor before I have a break. For some reason my body has decided to randomly come on anyway, complete with cramps, flooding and massive clots. And I have a big party and night in a hotel to look forward to this weekend. sad

NotJustThreeSmallWords Thu 26-Oct-17 12:39:29

Went out last night and made a twat of myself. Woke up with The Fear.

RubyWinterstorm Thu 26-Oct-17 12:41:18

Bringbackpublicfloggings: is he a controlling arse?!

The scotch egg disappointment is also bad, all those calories had better be worth it...

OP, you are meeting a hot guy at 13:00, and have had a fried breakfast that you did not have to cook yourself, in my books you are doing well smile

RubyWinterstorm Thu 26-Oct-17 12:42:14

Notjustthreesmallwords THE FEAR, I hate the Fear! ... a friend breakfast might help, it is sort of soothing and grounding

kalinkafoxtrot45 Thu 26-Oct-17 12:43:12

Peri menopausal menstruation. I am running a training group today at work and have to dash to the bathroom frequently to stem the tide. Where's Moses when you need him to halt the Red Sea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now