Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Or is this disgusting?

(22 Posts)
inthenameotheweeman Thu 26-Oct-17 11:56:25

Clipping your fingernails on a public bus and wiping it onto the floor? Granted, I have a bit of a thing about fingernails, but every little click had me twitchy. It’s gross, isn’t it??

steff13 Thu 26-Oct-17 11:57:12

No, it's gross.

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Thu 26-Oct-17 11:57:41

Gross AND disgusting. URGH.

JeepersKreepers Thu 26-Oct-17 11:59:28

Grim. I'd have had to say something OP

I told a man of course, always men that he should be ashamed of himself for spitting in the street blush

I just can't help it.

inthenameotheweeman Thu 26-Oct-17 12:01:41

This was a woman. She seemed lovely when she got on, really grateful to the driver for waiting while she caught up with the bus, and then did that on his bus!

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 26-Oct-17 12:09:09

Ewwwww. I'd have threw up.
The dirty thing.
Not envy obviously

MissFlashpants Thu 26-Oct-17 12:11:01

I once worked with a guy who did that at his desk. When he shaved his head at his desk (honestly) that was the final straw.

inthenameotheweeman Thu 26-Oct-17 12:26:46

The driver has just put some fans on. They’ll be wafting about the bus now sadenvy

MissionItsPossible Thu 26-Oct-17 12:36:08

Absolutely disgusting. I saw a man clipping his toenails on a bus before and told him it was vile and he had a go at me so I moved seats so I didn't have to look at it. Ugh.

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Thu 26-Oct-17 12:40:06

Less disgusting than the bloke who begun clipping his gnarled toenails in the plane seat across the aisle from me, chipped shards flying all over the place...
<shudders at memory of his fungal infected feet>

When I told him it wasn't an appropriate place to be doing it, what with...you know... other people sitting within close range and being hit, he shot daggers at me and dramatically huffed, as if we were being unreasonable!!?!
(Sorry for slight digression, but was truly grim).

OP, If people feel the need (why??) to clip fingernails on public transport, crammed up against other passengers, they could at the very least contain it inside a bag or coat, and take their ruddy offcuts with them, not wipe them on the floor. Eugh. confused

I'm tolerant of many things on buses/ trains/ planes, but bloody Hell...

YADNBU

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 26-Oct-17 12:40:31

shock Clipping his hoof nails, and then making out you're the odd one for finding it utterly disgusting.

ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap Thu 26-Oct-17 12:41:17

Mission

X-post! Do you reckon it was the same idiot?!

Peaceonearthplease Thu 26-Oct-17 12:51:08

Good God. What a strange thing to do. Revolting.

trainedopossum Thu 26-Oct-17 12:52:41

Yes, 100% gross for you and (if she has contact with the floor of the bus <boak>) for her.

I've seen fingernail clipping on the tube and tooth flossing at the airport.

Some people seem to see these things as on the same level as nose-blowing (ie no need to go to the loo) whereas I (and most people I think?) look at these activities as things that should be done in the loo, and if at all possible at home.

MissionItsPossible Thu 26-Oct-17 13:00:20

Sadly, ZuzuMyLittleGingersnap, I think there are a lot of people out there who think that doing this type of stuff in public is acceptable. I feel more sorry for you though, on a plane, unable to change seats.

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Thu 26-Oct-17 21:17:42

It’s gross, but not as gross as nail filing in public. That is just evil. The horrible raspy noise that sets your teeth on edge is bad enough, but the thought of little clouds of fingernail dust wafting around for innocent bystanders to breathe in just makes me heave. At least nail clippings fall to the ground and stay there. You don’t have to inhale them.

AnnabelFan Thu 26-Oct-17 21:20:39

Very odd but don't find it disgusting..
Now toe nails would be another matter...envy

inthenameotheweeman Thu 26-Oct-17 21:46:49

If it had been toenails, I’d have been right through the fire exit onto the motorway.

BigbreastsBiggerbeard Thu 26-Oct-17 22:31:28

The clipper has no control over where they fly though, so you could have your mouth open at an inopportune moment and a recently liberated fingernail (or toenail) could whizz in.

oldlaundbooth Thu 26-Oct-17 22:31:55

Disgusting.

BigbreastsBiggerbeard Thu 26-Oct-17 22:33:10

So, YANBU, it's horrid. Who wants to be eating/breathing in other people's leavings on public transport? (Or anywhere)

Ukelou Fri 27-Oct-17 00:55:06

I once saw a lady file her nails, whilst sharing a table in a cafe with a couple who were eating. They didnt appear to be together as a threesome, it was strange and so wrong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now