Talk

Advanced search

To have a naproxen after diazepam and wine?

(11 Posts)
LEMtheoriginal Wed 25-Oct-17 21:39:47

I've put my back out. I've taken paracetamol and a 2mg diazepam (hardly worth the effort) but I can't really move. I've put deep heat on but I had to wash it off as my skin blistered shock I have naproxen but I'm not sure about the alcohol. I don't usually take it because it makes me nauseous but i.I'm Struggling.

Any medics care to tell me what they would do. I know officially prob should but just this once ok or big no?

Doc prescribed the diazepam and naproxen together so I know they ok.

Diazepam and wine - my bad but I think kinda ok as ridiculously low dose.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Wed 25-Oct-17 21:42:44

I frequently do, but I'm not sure tbh.

OutlawFromHell Wed 25-Oct-17 21:45:38

Naproxen is an antinflamatory meaning yes you can take diazepam an opiate and paracetamol with it.

You can only take one lot of meds from each group so naproxen, cocodamol and diazepam or naproxen diazepam, paracetamol and codeine. Make sure you're taking something to protect your stomach like omeprazole or ranitidine though

FrankiesKnuckle Wed 25-Oct-17 21:48:55

Naproxen is an NSAID, non sedating so should be fine with the frankly tiny amount of diazepam. You should eat something with the naproxen as it can be a little irritating on the stomach.
Wine, shmine - if it helps then why not wink

PurplePillowCase Wed 25-Oct-17 21:50:17

don't take it without food.

unweavedrainbow Wed 25-Oct-17 21:52:30

Umm diazepam isn't an opiate, it's a benzodiazepine. You shouldn't take it with opiates like cocodamol as they can both be respiratory depressors (cause difficulty breathing/make you very sleepy). I would worry that the diazepam, naproxen and alcohol combo could make you feel very sick.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 25-Oct-17 21:52:52

Thanks - just had a banana so I'll take it. Hopefully will be better tomorrow

LEMtheoriginal Wed 25-Oct-17 21:54:02

I can't take codienne so won't mix those. An opiate would be lovely though grin

Randomactofkindness Wed 25-Oct-17 21:54:52

It's fine if you’ve eaten something and as long as you’re not asthmatic or have problems with your stomach. Often Drs prescribe omeprazole or lansoprazole too to protect the stomach. (pharmacist!)

tangledyarn Wed 25-Oct-17 22:17:07

You'll be fine but if you're taking naproxen regularly get a ppi like omeprazole.

MsJamesDeanBradfield Wed 25-Oct-17 22:19:06

I wouldn't take diazepam after drinking wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now