Talk

Advanced search

To the this is cf territory

(82 Posts)
leavemealone2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 10:56:32

I have name changed for this but been around for awhile

Over the weekend we had someone from our street bang on the door saying that they'd ordered some stuff online but was accidentally being sent to our house, I had a grumpy baby needing sleep in his room is right above the front door so took his number and said that we'd text him should things arrive. And that should of been the end of it untill the items were delivered right??

Well last night my DH and I got an extremely rear night away from the children, and while we were out our babysitter said that the people had been to our house TWICE about their stupid items which hadn't been delivered (for reference it was after 7:30pm when we out) Which put a bit of a damper on the night because we ended up in a shit mood about it. When we got home I sent a rather icy text saying again that we would text them if the items arrive but we're also out a lot for the next few days so If they leave a calling card we'll put it through the letterbox and that we didn't appreciate the fact they came twice while we were out. So you'd think that would be the end of it until the items arrive right?
WRONG! already this morning they've been around asking to put a note in our door to redirect parcels, which was met with a sharp no as we were waiting for our own parcels anyway and I refuse to be inconvenienced because of Someone else's mistake. And a text (after the visit).
Aibu to think this is cf territory and their mistake isn't my issue to sort out??

MyDobbygotgivenasock Wed 25-Oct-17 11:00:18

I think this is dodgy territory and they're using your address for something like catalogue debt. Be very careful.

2014newme Wed 25-Oct-17 11:00:18

Yanbu but I would not be letting it ruin a night away

PandorasXbox Wed 25-Oct-17 11:00:30

Why did they put your address and not their own?

MoistCantaloupe Wed 25-Oct-17 11:01:40

It seems strange that they are chasing up so frequently, as if it's urgent/a bit dodge. Do you know what the parcel is seeing as you're being asked to accept it?

livefornaps Wed 25-Oct-17 11:02:44

What is catalogue debt?

They sound deranged.

Sallycinnamum Wed 25-Oct-17 11:03:36

This absolutely snacks of a scam so I wouldn't be accepting any parcels on their behalf tbh.

leavemealone2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:03:59

It's a mattress and an exhaust from amazon, as it happens we won't be home this afternoon anyway, so we'll most likely miss the delivery anyway which is probably a good thing, and if they try get it redelivered to our house I'm thinking about just rejecting the delivery

spiney Wed 25-Oct-17 11:07:16

We always take parcels in our street. But this sounds a bit weird. If it’s taken a few days why havnt they rung up and had it redirected?

leavemealone2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:08:32

@Pandora god knows their house is one number different to ours so may of been an accidental typo but they also have family on the street (mum, grandad and aunty). Apparently they rang amazon and was told they couldn't do anything

notanurse2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:09:00

This is a scam. I wouldn't accept the parcels.

leavemealone2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:09:53

@spiney if it was the delivery company saying "oh x is out can you take Their parcel" I wouldn't mind so much, if we're home we don't mind so much but I also don't appreciate being hounded!

notanurse2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:10:23

How can it be an accident? If they are ordering from Amazon they will have their own account (I am sure this isn't the first order that they have made via Amazon) and will have had to deliberately change their address to yours.

MissConductUS Wed 25-Oct-17 11:12:26

The whole thing seems odd. When you create your account on Amazon, you add your address. How did the wrong house number get on the label? And they should be able to track on line when it has actually delivered, so why all the calling around to see if you have it yet?

leavemealone2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:12:39

@notanurse2017 they've only very recently moved in so may not of ordered since moving (although the rest of the family have been there for years)

PandorasXbox Wed 25-Oct-17 11:13:21

Text him and tell him you’re not accepting the goods and he’ll have to sort it out with the company.

Do not sign for anything.

spiney Wed 25-Oct-17 11:16:54

At best they’ve got no social skills combined with they’re thinking you’re going to nab the mattress and exhaust.......

UnicornSparkles1 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:17:39

Do not accept their deliveries. It smacks of some sort of scam. Especially as they've been to your house so many times searching for their items. Refuse delivery and they'll be returned to sender and they'll get a refund.

MoistCantaloupe Wed 25-Oct-17 11:18:06

If they have recently moved in plus they wanted to put a redirect sign up (to redirect to them to collect/sign for), it sounds like it is above board and from Amazon, and they are just annoying idiots! Very cheeky.

whatsavings Wed 25-Oct-17 11:18:12

Be very careful. This has fraud written all over it.

Sounds like they're planning to set you up by saying you never gave them their order. Just don't answer the door when the delivery arrives. Tell neighbours that unfortunately you weren't in.

UnicornSparkles1 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:19:05

Plus with Amazon you can cancel an order before it's been dispatched. How long did it take them to realise that they don't know their own address? Dodgy AF.

OhWhatFuckeryIsThisNow Wed 25-Oct-17 11:20:07

Dodgy AF. Like others have said, Amazon have addresses on record. I had a similar ish problem with neighbours official post coming here, advice from bank was don't hand re direct, if they are up to something dodgy then debt can be connected to your address.

whatsavings Wed 25-Oct-17 11:20:19

P.S. Keep an eye out for letters sent to your address but with the wrong name on, just in case they've already stated to use your address to commit catalogue or financial fraud.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 25-Oct-17 11:23:27

I wouldn't accept a MATTRESS for someone else, even if it was legit.

What the hell do you do with it?

leavemealone2017 Wed 25-Oct-17 11:24:28

@whatsavings oh we always get mail for other people although we're pretty sure it's old tennants who are just freaking useless at changing addresses (rented accommodation) both DH and I check our credit scores regularly anyway and nothing's changed on them since we've lived there so I'm assuming nothing's been done yet?
@MoistCantaloupe that was partly my thinking? If it was dodgy would they be trying to redirect them? Although now I'm not sure! If I wasn't waiting for my own urgent stuff I just wouldn't open the door until I knew their deliveries had been

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now