Talk

Advanced search

Lottery numbers

(11 Posts)
DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 00:31:25

DP always does a lucky dip
He says if he picked numbers and didn’t do it one week and the numbers didn’t come up he wouldn’t be able to live with it.

I think there’s no point if you don’t pick the numbers.
AIBU or is he?

WWYD??

StickThatInYourPipe Wed 25-Oct-17 00:32:42

YABU I'm totally with your husband on this one!

BewareOfDragons Wed 25-Oct-17 00:33:23

Sorry, I'm with your DH.

cupofcake Wed 25-Oct-17 00:33:39

Same likelihood of not winning at all whether it's 6 random numbers or indeed 1 2 3 4 5 6.
I'd probably buy a chocolate bar instead.

EvilCleverDog Wed 25-Oct-17 00:34:16

I’m with your dp -I am beholden to my lottery numbers - picked them when I was 14 and have played them every week. It’s like another bill to pay. Would never forgive myself if I didn’t play them and they came up.

Kintan Wed 25-Oct-17 00:35:40

I feel the same as your DP!

DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 00:41:37

Tbh I wish he didn’t want to do the lottery at all. But I think if you pick the numbers at least your having a bit of fun.

MissionItsPossible Wed 25-Oct-17 09:03:34

Tbh I wish he didn’t want to do the lottery at all. But I think if you pick the numbers at least your having a bit of fun

It's whether you're thinking of picking numbers as in picking different numbers each week or having set numbers you pick each week. Because missing a week and realising 'your' numbers came up would not in anyway be 'a bit of fun'! I say this as someone who picked set numbers from when the lottery was created and hate that I am bound to them because of the scenario your husband described!

DaisyRaine90 Wed 25-Oct-17 18:29:51

I’m going to start picking random numbers when he asks for a lucky dip. Why should a machine have the fun? 😂

MaidOfStars Wed 25-Oct-17 18:58:06

I’m going to start picking random numbers when he asks for a lucky dip
You'll find yourself in exactly the same trap.

Firesuit Wed 25-Oct-17 19:51:21

Actually, lucky dip is better, a random selection of numbers makes it less likely that you will have to share a prize with anyone else. Numbers that are deliberately chosen will not be as random.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now