Talk

Advanced search

...to be annoyed at acquaintance?

(11 Posts)
iwillgladlyshagjimmypage Tue 24-Oct-17 21:50:32

Hello. I'm quite annoyed with someone. This man , not romantic but more someone I knew online with a hobby, was moaning that he had only lettuce to eat. I sent him $100 via WU (we're both Americans). He thanked me the next day and then said how happy he was to eat something good AND to fix his microscope. I thought that was beyond nervy and stupid to boot when he had n job, no money, no prospects and no food.

About a year later he got a good IT job but never mentioned or offered to pay back. I'd have told him to pass it on to someone who needed help but it annoyed me. I don't think I'm U to be ticked off. Never felt the same about him since.

AfterSchoolWorry Tue 24-Oct-17 21:53:01

You sent someone on the internet money via western union and you're surprised that they didn't pay you back?!!

Right.

Mammylamb Tue 24-Oct-17 21:53:50

Yanbu. But I can't understand why you gave a stranger £100!!

Glumglowworm Tue 24-Oct-17 21:54:13

YABU for sending money to someone you barely know

RedBullBlood Tue 24-Oct-17 21:54:44

You've been 'annoyed' for over a year?

DesignedForLife Tue 24-Oct-17 21:54:55

YABU. Don't send money via WU to an acquaintance and expect it back.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Tue 24-Oct-17 21:55:26

Eh? This happened ages ago?

LostwithSawyer Tue 24-Oct-17 21:57:03

Is this for real? confused

monkeywithacowface Tue 24-Oct-17 21:57:30

I'd be more annoyed with myself for being sucked in in the first place

Fantasticmissfoxy Tue 24-Oct-17 21:57:31

I'm afraid if you made an unsolicited gift of $100 to a complete stranger and are then annoyed at what he used it for a whole year later then yes you are being unreasonable. And a bit of a dope.

Rhynswynd Tue 24-Oct-17 21:58:46

Unless there was a stipulation of repayment or undying gratitude yabu
You gave help to someone in need. Leave it there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now