Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Waiting over three months for smear test results?

(7 Posts)
Kitee Tue 24-Oct-17 18:16:17

I had a smear test three months ago. I’m still waiting on the results even though the nurse said it could take up to 8 weeks.

I have called twice to check if the results are in and have had a different excuse each time.

I am worrying because my last test came back inconclusive and I had to go back twice to have it re-done. I’ve also had some pain and bleeding between periods.

AIBU to Just request another test?

Has anyone else waited this long?

I’m worried they have lost my results or something, can that even happen?

humblesims Tue 24-Oct-17 18:21:27

I think as you have had bleeding and some pain I would make a GP appointment. When you make the appointment ask them again for the results. Three months does sound like a long time. However, if there was cause for alarm i think they would have been in touch.

Kitee Tue 24-Oct-17 18:25:57

Thanks humble

I know, I keep telling myself they would have let me know if there were any concerns. Just can’t shake the feeling that’s there’s something not right sad

FoodGloriousFud Tue 24-Oct-17 18:27:39

I would definitely chase it up. I had mine a few months ago and was told to ring up of I'd not heard in 3 weeks and the nurse would chase it. Hadn't heard so rang up and my results arrived 3 days later.

FairyPenguin Tue 24-Oct-17 18:29:33

I would definitely make an appointment as you're in pain and bleeding. I had my smear test done 11 days ago and got results today.

Kitee Tue 24-Oct-17 18:47:24

Thank you, seems like people are getting results much quicker.

EB123 Tue 24-Oct-17 18:59:46

I had mine recently and it was about 2 weeks for the results. I would get an appointment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now