Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To hate this new thing at the top of mums net

(11 Posts)
callmeadoctor Tue 24-Oct-17 17:21:52

Hate hate hate it, why oh why have things been messed with? I was happy before!!! (The we rely on advertising to keep the lights on)

SoupDragon Tue 24-Oct-17 17:23:09

Surely it is no more intrusive than the adverts.

DrKrogersfavouritepatient Tue 24-Oct-17 17:24:25

It's more intrusive because it covers the bar with the "I'm on" etc

Seeingadistance Tue 24-Oct-17 17:25:18

I didn't notice the lights on thing until I saw someone else commenting on it, but I can't be arsed with the massive advert at the top which cover at least half the screen! I was brought up by my DM not to "be a victim of advertising" so I don't even know what is being advertised!

MoistCantaloupe Tue 24-Oct-17 17:25:29

Best writing this in site stuff then.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 24-Oct-17 17:26:00

It's definitely more intrusive because it covers up what you are on and then goes away. Even when you are looking at the topics it covers them up.

I think people will get fed up and not bother. The ones to the side are ok because they don't cover things and are static.

PanPanPanPing Tue 24-Oct-17 17:27:18

There are a few threads on Site Stuff www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff about this at the moment. Take your pick from any of them - and join in!!

5foot5 Tue 24-Oct-17 17:29:15

Not just me then.

Until recently I had an ad blocker installed and then had to uninstall because it kept killing Chrome. It was only after that I noticed this annoying one at the top of the page and I assumed it must have always been there and I was only just seeing it for the first time because no ad blocker.

It is very intrusive. I can live with the ones down the side but this does seem to obscure some of the controls I want to see

AlmaCogansFrockFan Tue 24-Oct-17 18:26:44

Hear Hear, OP! It's infuriating that it blocks the view as you're reading something so you have to spend extra time fiddling your device controls to get back to the bit you were originally at!

OrlandoMusc Tue 24-Oct-17 18:29:12

Surely it is no more intrusive than the adverts.

The adverts are intrusive, hence everyone using adblocker.

SoupDragon Tue 24-Oct-17 18:58:22

The adverts are intrusive, hence everyone using adblocker.

I assumed that's why I don't see it at all.

I only installed one because they kept crashing the site on my iPad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now