Talk

Advanced search

To have said something...?

(5 Posts)
RaptorsCantPlayPoker Tue 24-Oct-17 15:59:06

I’m very unconfrontational. So much so that I’m one of those people who fall over themselves to get out of other people’s way and apologise if someone barges into me. I’m really working on it and think I’m doung much better and being stronger and less wimpish. (Yes, I do have a history of anxiety).

Today I went to the cinema with my DC. I bought my tickets and queued up for popcorn. There was one woman in front of me. I didn’t see anyone else.

The woman in front paid for her stuff and then the cashier took my order and a woman next to me (who I assume joined the queue after me but stood next to me rather than behind me) started staying things to her DC about being ‘pushed out.’

I ignored it as I don’t like confrontation and also I just wanted to have a nice time. Anyway she made a few more comments and as I paid she said something like ‘come on, let’s order before we get pushed out again.’

I said something like ‘I didn’t push in front of you, clearly you think I did but I didn’t.’ She didn’t say anything but just stared at me. So I smiled and made a comment about the good value of the popcorn special offer and wandered off. She just stared at me and said nothing.

I’m not letting myself stew on it as I can over-think and over-analyse stuff but I thought I’d put it to the wisdom of MN before I totally brush it off. Was I unreasonable?

Surely if I’d somehow pushed in (which I don’t see how I could have) she could have said ‘excuse me, I was next’ rather than talk about being ‘pushed out’ so that I would hear. She must believe that she was next otherwisewhy bother commenting but I can’t see how she was in front of me. If she asked to go next, I’d have not minded even though she was behind me as I wasn’t in a rush.

SheRaaarghPrincessOfPower Tue 24-Oct-17 16:00:41

She was the one being rude with her passive aggressive remarks, you were polite!

RaptorsCantPlayPoker Tue 24-Oct-17 16:03:38

Thanks She that’s what I thought but wanted to check I wasn’t missing something.

(I honestly am working on my over-thinking even though it doesn’t sound like it) blush

Santawontbelong Tue 24-Oct-17 16:04:02

Well done!! It's not being confrontational to defend an accusation!! Dc learn by example and it was good for your dc to see you on top form!!

Nandoshoes Tue 24-Oct-17 16:09:33

You are a better person than me. You handled it well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now