Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To stay in bed

(14 Posts)
InspMorse Tue 24-Oct-17 11:45:00

Half term here and we're all (Teens & me) still in our own rooms in bed.
AIBU not to have any intention at all of getting up today?
We're all lazy shattered & work hard during term time.
How often do you not get up at all, if ever?

PurpleMinionMummy Tue 24-Oct-17 11:56:21

Rarely. I love it for a bit, I love the idea of it, but the reality is I get bored and restless and grumpy after a while.

I say enjoy though!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 24-Oct-17 11:59:09

I’m showered, dressed and have had breakfast but I am back lying in bed watching This Morning and browsing online.

Ds3-18 is on his xbox and the cats are asleep .

Enjoy it.

PinkyBlunder Tue 24-Oct-17 12:11:50

I say go ahead and enjoy!

DH is working today but DD4 and I are exhausted so have the blankets and pillows out on the sofa and intend to eat and watch films all day. We are definitely not dressed!

InspMorse Tue 24-Oct-17 12:28:21

Still not up although I'm going to have a shower in a minute.
I feel guilty but will get back into bed I think. I often wonder if other people do this... obviously not with young children but my teens are happy watching films, the house is very quiet!

Allthewaves Tue 24-Oct-17 13:21:43

I went back to bed after school drop off (primary) because i can grin

DJBaggySmalls Tue 24-Oct-17 13:35:38

brew [toast]

thecatsthecats Tue 24-Oct-17 13:38:05

I'm working from home tomorrow, and would love to spend the morning in bed with my laptop, will just need to shove my fiance out first.

CheshireChat Tue 24-Oct-17 13:40:54

I'm up and dressed as I have a toddler, but we're watching Paw Patrol as he has croup and not very well.

That's all we'll be doing today I think.

I'm there to provide him with pancakes and orange juice wink.

Titsywoo Tue 24-Oct-17 13:46:01

YANBU - enjoy! It's not something I do often as I feel guilty about being lazy but I really shouldn't. I think everyone should have a whole day in bed just watching TV at least twice a year!

Hidingtonothing Tue 24-Oct-17 13:59:37

My advice is either stay put and completely drop the guilt or just get up, no point wallowing in your pit if you're going to spoil it with guilty indecision, embrace it! Me and DD haven't moved far from the sofa in 3 days, she's had a really nasty cold so we've snuggled up and had a Harry Potter film marathon smile

OurMiracle1106 Tue 24-Oct-17 14:02:14

I’m term time only and have spent most of today in bed- but plan to get up and go gym soon.

I am however trying to rest as I have surgery beginning of November.

TammyswansonTwo Tue 24-Oct-17 14:28:01

Oh what I wouldn't give to spend a day in bed. I have 13 month old twins and haven't stayed in bed past 5:30am since they were tiny. I also have ME and I am absolutely bloody exhausted. Right now the boys are in their playpen while I lie on the sofa and try to summon the energy to go for a wee, which I've needed for the last three hours.

If you can do it, do it. Some of my happiest memories are of spending the whole day in bed with my husband, although there may have been other factors there 😂

InspMorse Tue 24-Oct-17 14:38:27

I have showered, put on clean pjs and clean bedding, thrown stuff in the slow cooker and am now back in bed. The feeling of guilt has passed. I love my bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now