Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think I have something wrong with me?

(7 Posts)
peanutjello Tue 24-Oct-17 09:49:50

DP thinks I’m overreacting and need to stop worrying about it but I’m convinced there could be an underlying cause.

I am constantly tired. Last night I went to bed at 8.45pm and woke up at 8.30am this morning. I still feel like I could go back to sleep. My hair has become tangly, dry and I’m losing lots of it when I brush my hair. It’s become so lank and thin. My sister has noticed this. My acne has flared up massively. My face is so sore to touch and I’m waking up with new spots everyday. The type that are under the skin and feel hard. The rest of my skin on my body is dry and flaky. I just feel gross and generally ‘not quite right’.

I’ve had recent bloods to test for overactive thyroid which have come back fine and also to check my iron. Iron was on the low side of normal but didn’t require any further treatment/investigation. All other bloods were ‘Satisfactory- no action’

Any ideas?

Would I be silly to go back to the GP again?

Namechangetempissue Tue 24-Oct-17 09:53:31

No, I don't think you would be silly to go back to the GP. It couldn't be a food intolerance or allergy maybe?

TheVanguardSix Tue 24-Oct-17 10:00:25

Thyroid is complicated. I come from a family of thyroid cancer and disorders in that my mum and all 7 of her siblings either have an autoimmune disorder of the thyroid called hashimotos thyroiditis, Grave's disease, thyroid cancer, and over/underactive thyroids. I myself have nodules that I have monitored.
They've all lived into old age with their various disorders, so don't panic if it IS your thyroid.

Often GPs only do a TSH. It;s not enough. Which tests did your GP actually do? Thyroid problems can be difficult to diagnose and it is common for tests to come back normal.
I would request an ANA to screen for autoimmune disorders and a sex hormone panel. I would ask for a more thorough thyroid panel.

mrbob Tue 24-Oct-17 10:04:20

What is your diet like? Could it be some other unusual dietary deficiency?

PressPaws Tue 24-Oct-17 10:05:06

Did they check your vitamin b12? First thought was pernicious anaemia. I'd definitely keep pushing to find some answers.

peanutjello Tue 24-Oct-17 10:14:34

I’m not sure exactly what tests the GP requested. She just said a full blood count, TSH and iron levels.

My diet is fairly average although I don’t eat any veg at all and I could probably do with eating more fruit.

I’m fed up of feeling unwell. At a recent appointment my Gp noticed that I had an erratic heart rate and then did a 24 hr ECG to follow up. She forwarded the trace to the cardiology department who have asked to see me for further investigation. Maybe that could have something to do with it?

WinteryWalk Tue 24-Oct-17 10:16:27

I’d go back, something sounds not quite right, hope you’re feeling better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now