Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how much random pain "healthy" people experience?

(13 Posts)
SierraFerrara Tue 24-Oct-17 07:12:45

By healthy I mean people who don't have any conditions that mean they would expect pain.

I am healthy with nothing wrong with me. I'm not a hypochondriac. In fact, I'm the type who would say it's just a scratch if my arm fell off. But I (and always have) get random pain most days. It comes, stays a bit and then goes. Some days are worse than others and it's unpredictable eg since I woke up this norning I have felt like someone is repeatedly stabbing just below my anle with a sharp pencil. It really hurts but I know it'll stop as suddenly as it started. Yesterday I had shooting pains in the skin on my tummy for a few hours (not hugely painful but annoying) and stabbing pains in my eye (very painful!) for a short time. Both started suddenly and then stopped suddenly. Tomorrow I might not get anything.

It's all completely random, not related to anything I'm doing and doesn't seem posture related. This ankle pain I've never had before but the eye thing is something that seems to happen a fair bit over a few weeks then stop for months and then comes back.

It's slowly dawned on me that other young (ish) people don't seem to have all these random aches and pains. I don't talk about it unless it really hurts eg my ankle. Most of the time I just ignore it eg my tummy and eye yesterday.

So, after that ramble does everyone else experience regular random pain that can affect any part of your body, isn't telated to your activities and stops as suddenly as it starts? Do they just not tall about it?

The doctor won't be able to do anything because it's all so random and 99.9% of the time doesn't impact on what I do or if it does it's something daft like it makes me limp for 30mins.

Nectarines Tue 24-Oct-17 07:15:05

I’ve sometimes had random stabby pains nd they seem to occur in the lead up to a migraine. Like warning signs. But all over the body. Bloody awful.

LosingMyWay Tue 24-Oct-17 07:27:37

Yeah I get random stab by pains too. Not sure why.

RoganJosh Tue 24-Oct-17 07:29:28

I don't get anything like that. Well, maybe once a year.

Dusktilldawn Tue 24-Oct-17 07:31:50

I get odd aches and pains but I notice them more at night when it is quiet and I am on my own.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Tue 24-Oct-17 07:34:36

I don't get anything. (Am touching wood, would hate to have any ill health)

The only health issue I have is when I get a cough, it can take weeks to shake off.

whateveryousay Tue 24-Oct-17 07:35:00

How old are you? I’m in my 40s, and get random pains, but I thought it must be age-related, as only started since hitting 40.

lljkk Tue 24-Oct-17 07:35:27

Sure, plenty of niggles. I think I have done all my life.
I have form for ignoring things for yrs that become bigger problems but then I find a way to get them better & they aren't a problem any more (mostly).

mywayalltheway Tue 24-Oct-17 07:35:58

I’m the same will just suddenly get the odd stabbing pain in my side or down my leg doesn’t often last more than a few minutes sometimes even seconds.

The one I get the most often isn’t a pain but I get flutters in my stomach like when I was pregnant and the baby was moving.

AGoodCupOfTea Tue 24-Oct-17 07:35:59

I’ve always had random stuff like that, I get pain when breathing in, pain when moving too quickly, shooting pains down arm.

Well anyway long story short, I’ve had this for years and thought nothing but turns out I have suspected fibromyalgia.
I get chronic pain daily in my left chest, shoulder, back, arm, neck which sometimes goes down into my hip. I also get stiffness in my hip when I walk too, not all the time.

So just thought I’d say that these pains aren’t always normal,

Thegirlinthefireplace Tue 24-Oct-17 07:36:50

I get similar to you. I get the eye thing, but it only last seconds each time. I also get a knee pain that randomly comes and goes over the course of a few hours - not related to exercise or injury.

I have never been to the doctor about it for the same reasons you haven't. In my case I have on several occasions has FBCs with lower than standard WBC and wonder whether it's related but it doesn't really effect my life so I haven't pursued more rigorously.

Birdsgottafly Tue 24-Oct-17 07:45:02

I've been ill for two years and am now in pain everyday.

Before that I never experienced pain, not during the Peri-Menopause or after it.

My Mum didn't until she was in her late 70's and got Arthritis.

My Sister doesn't get any pains (we were discussing this), she is 66.

I used to go to an all female gym, based on weight lifting, HIT and that seemed to get rid of the pain they once had.

A male relative, who is on the NHS Posters for exercising more, has said he doesn't recognise his body, since taking up the triathlon challenge and sticking to it.

Apparently, the reason why we partly have the issues with overdosing on painkillers, is in the UK we aren't effectively managing pain in other ways.

ZivaDiva Tue 24-Oct-17 07:46:38

All the time, More so since I was 40 so have assumed it’s age related.
I too currently have a stabbing pain in my ankle and sometimes have a needling pain in the soles of my feet.
For the past 30 years I’ve had occasional pain between my shoulder blades, it builds up to a point where it hurts to take a deep breath then recedes. It happens probably a couple of times a year and I presume it’s a type of reflux. The other pains I’ve no idea about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: