Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be concerned about pain in my throat for 2+ months?

(5 Posts)
inthenameotheweeman Tue 24-Oct-17 00:16:30

Have had an irritating pain in my throat for quite a while now. Feels like the pain of a swollen gland, when swallowing, or when I press in at my Adam’s apple. But no lump. I also often get a pain in my ear when I sneeze or cough. I also find I’m coughing a lot, and especially after eating, when I have a horrible gagging feeling at the same time.

My doctor couldn’t feel anything and has referred me to ear, nose and throat at the hospital.

Anyone had similar? It’s not terribly painful, but the coughing is annoying and my boss noticed it before I did. 

LegoCaltrops Tue 24-Oct-17 00:21:56

Have you started any new medication recently? They can give dry mouth which, for me, results in a very sore throat building up over time.

inthenameotheweeman Tue 24-Oct-17 00:28:47

No Lego, I’m not on any medication at all.

ScipioAfricanus Tue 24-Oct-17 00:29:02

Make them check for silent reflux and do all the necessary tests. This sounds very reminiscent of it. However drs can be quick to dismiss it as I have found they don’t know much about it. My mum had a cough for years before she was diagnosed. And now I too am enjoying similar. Google silent reflux and LPR. I’d advise diet and lifestyle changes to try and sort it if this is the case as I have suffered from being on meds’ and then coming off them quickly which has made symptoms worse. So if it is this try gentle meds (H2 blockers, antacids) before PPI (PPI are hard to get off sometimes and this is what drs often rush to prescribe).

inthenameotheweeman Tue 24-Oct-17 00:40:38

Thanks Scipio. I’ll look into that. I have been experiencing some heartburn more than usual?

Anyone have any idea of how long an ENT referral might take? Though I know it probably varies a lot, area to area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now