Talk

Advanced search

To be considering chucking out both DP and the cat?!

(11 Posts)
BewareOfTheToddler Mon 23-Oct-17 22:15:57

BewareCat decided to punish us for going out to work/childcare all day by bringing a bird into the house. A tiny, beautiful songbird. Which was dead by the time DP got home. To a living room festooned in feathers. So far, so very sad/typical/feline.

But what on earth possessed him to put it in the food waste bag?! Just finished making sandwiches for tomorrow, take a few bits over to the food waste bag on the kitchen counter, and get the shock of my life to see a tiny bird staring up at me.

So I now have a serial killer for a pet, a muppet for a DP, and a Hoover full of feathers.

This is grounds for just chucking both of them out into the garden for the night, right?

(I mean, in what way is a dead bird food waste?)

Does anyone else live with a lovely but occasional idiotic man?

MrTrebus Mon 23-Oct-17 22:23:57

Ewww gross on your kitchen worktop?! No no no. Gross. LTB immediately. Even if it was in a bin of sorts.

Nomorechickens Mon 23-Oct-17 22:30:03

He is empathising with the cat. The cat didn't eat it so it was (cat) food waste. At least he cleared it up!
Wait till you get the injured live pigeon, the bloody squirrel tail, the large dead rat..... I hope you have a big food waste bin!

imaddictedtomn Mon 23-Oct-17 22:44:34

Dead wildlife shouldn’t be in your food waste bin - they carry diseases and parasites.

imaddictedtomn Mon 23-Oct-17 22:45:32

So your DP is very U.

The cat is doing what cats do (unfortunately)

BewareOfTheToddler Mon 23-Oct-17 22:47:01

Yup, on the kitchen worktop. Just, you know, peeking up through the carrot peelings. Apparently he "meant to get rid of it" but "forgot" and it's "decomposable" (I think he means biodegradable...)

The weird thing is, he's very prissy about things like eating food that you've dropped on the floor - but PUTS A DEAD BIRD ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER. I mean, how does that work?

Do you reckon they'd both fit in DS's IKEA tent?

OliviaStabler Mon 23-Oct-17 22:48:28

Keep the cat, dump dh wink

BewareOfTheToddler Mon 23-Oct-17 22:49:50

Oh, and Nomorechickens, you're onto something - he loves her best and she loves him best. I'm just the mug who buys the food.

Out of interest, where should dead wildlife go? I usually put them in the black bin, well wrapped, on the grounds that I don't have time for grave-digging.

thecatsthecats Mon 23-Oct-17 22:52:29

Just adopted two cats. I'm an experienced cat owner, very happy my fiance is doing so much to help. Until I realised the poo bags were going in the main kitchen bin.
Ewewewewewew.

We don't make tonnes of other waste - it gets emptied WEEKLY. Anything 'special' goes directly outside, but apparently literal shit isn't special enough.

SomethingNewToday Mon 23-Oct-17 22:56:49

It's gross when you think about it but I do kind of understand his logic...I mean you'd put a chicken drumstick in food waste. This is the wild, more recently alive equivalent...equally as degradable as a drumstick iyswim.

BewareOfTheToddler Mon 23-Oct-17 22:57:54

Ooh, that is grim. Our cat would literally rather gallop around the living room howling than take a crap in her pristine litter box unless she is truly desperate (we keep her inside at night) so that's not an issue we have but all of DS's dirty nappies go straight outside. The thought of cat poo fermenting in the bin....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: