Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your properly delicious recipes?

(12 Posts)
TequilaLemonSalt Mon 23-Oct-17 21:50:18

The other day, I had a huge bit of defrosted pork to cook. Wasn't around to cook it in the oven, so stuck it in the slow cooker. I'm really not a fan of pulled pork in BBQ sauce, so stuck a stock cube in it, drained it at the end and shredded - and stuck it into some homemade gravy. I was not looking forward to it. Oh. My. God. It was the most flavoursome piece of meat I've ever eaten. Best roast ever. I've pretty much eaten it for every meal since Saturday lunch time blush

Please share your unbelievably delicious recipes. Easy/ hard. Cheap/ expensive. Heathy/ fattening. I want to hear them all grin

RangeTesKopeks Mon 23-Oct-17 21:52:15

Orzo pasta with melted Parmesan cheese, with a poached egg on top, served with rocket salad smile delicious and not too expensive!!

BertrandRussell Mon 23-Oct-17 21:54:20

We just ate an amazing Nigel Slater. Brown some chicken pieces, some sliced new potatoes and some salted almonds. Put in a pot with some dry sherry and a bit of thyme. Oven for about an hour. Seriously good.

MrsOverTheRoad Mon 23-Oct-17 21:55:07

You "stuck" it a lot didn't you? grin

thefutureisours Mon 23-Oct-17 21:56:34

I made this last night. Simple and bloody lovely! http://simply-delicious-food.com/baked-gnocchi-with-bacon-tomato-and-mozzarella/

iklboo Mon 23-Oct-17 21:59:32

Made a gorgeous peanut butter chicken slow cooker recipe from the Whole Earth website.

Peanut butter chicken

Anecdoche Mon 23-Oct-17 22:00:58

my lasagne is my absolute favourite

fresh beef steak mince
bacon lardons
diced onions
fresh lasagne sheets
garlic ciabatta slices
fresh basil
crushed garlic
tomato puree
dolmio lasagne sauces red and white 😁
a shitload of extra mature cheddar, grated.

put the red lasagne sauce, tomato puree, garlic and basil into a pan and simmer.
fry the lardons and onions together
put into pan
fry the mince
put into pan
stir until well combined.
butter the lasagne dish
lay down a thin layer of garlic ciabatta slices then layer up the lasagne as normal
cook and serve

it is really easy and bloody tasty.

inkandstone Mon 23-Oct-17 22:02:19

This is my favourite Saturday night recipe ~ steak tacos with crumbled feta cheese and salsa made with spring onions, radish, lime and coriander. Not too filling and a fab combination of flavours:~

www.bonappetit.com/recipe/steak-tacos-with-cilantro-radish-salsa

Be3Al2Si6O18 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:06:22

Chicken breasts, smothered in wholegrain mustard, wrapped in bacon. (Bake 30 mins)

Green beans.
(Steam 30 mins)

Mashed potato or new potato or dauphinoise potato.

No man is hungry after that.

Be3Al2Si6O18 Mon 23-Oct-17 22:07:15

Beans steam 3 minutes (whoops)!

44PumpLane Mon 23-Oct-17 22:08:49

Bbc good food "best ever brownies" are amazing, as are Hummingbird Bakery Sticky Toffee Cupcakes of you have a sweet tooth!

TheBadgersMadeMeDoIt Mon 23-Oct-17 22:10:42

Lamb chops in slow cooker with a tin of tomatoes, a chopped onion, parsley and paprika. Stir in a good dollop of sour cream at the end and serve with white rice. Heavenly comfort food!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now