Talk

Advanced search

To just not 'get' Disney

(156 Posts)
MissRabbitNeedsaSpaDay Mon 23-Oct-17 21:35:36

Sure I agree that films are nice and mostly watchable but I don’t get the urge to visit the theme parks/ wear Disney clothes or get excited at the idea of the Disney shop?

The idea of spending a holiday in a Disney themed amusement park just gives me chills.

Supermagicsmile Mon 23-Oct-17 21:37:06

YABU!!!!

Dozyoldtwonk Mon 23-Oct-17 21:37:30

YADNBU.

I can’t fucking stand Disney anything. I’ve manafed to avoid it infiltrating my two young DC so far but I’m sure it’s just a matter of time sad

JeReviens Mon 23-Oct-17 21:38:34

Well me too but I expect there's stuff I love to do that makes others scratch their heads in puzzlement.
Thing is - you don't HAVE to 'get' it do you? Nobody is making you do it. Ate you generally very judgey and disapproving?

BikeRunSki Mon 23-Oct-17 21:38:51

Me neither OP.
Fortunately, neither do my dc. Dd must be the onlyn6 year old girl in the world not to have seen Frozen!

Crispsheets Mon 23-Oct-17 21:39:02

I'm the same.
Films and songs fine. Rest of the Disney shit...no. Dd 21 is obsessed.
I refused to take her grin
She has been 3 times with friends.

MissRabbitNeedsaSpaDay Mon 23-Oct-17 21:39:06

People on my fb are wetting themselves at the new Disney shop opening. These are adults? What is this obsession all about??

Whywonttheyletmeusemyusername Mon 23-Oct-17 21:39:59

YADNBU! !!!!!!!! Can't understand the fascination.

Alexkate2468 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:40:13

This is the most u thread I have read 😂. I absolutely LOVE Disney... Although grown adults getting carried away with the clothes is a bit weird.

BenLui Mon 23-Oct-17 21:40:58

Well I don’t understand the appeal of Centreparcs personally but lots of my friends love it and spend every holiday there.

I wouldn’t wear Disney clothes but we’ve been to a couple of the parks on different occasions <shrug> they’re theme parks, they’re not for everyone.

Isn’t it nice we’re all different?

MissRabbitNeedsaSpaDay Mon 23-Oct-17 21:41:10

Disney earrings??

tempstamos Mon 23-Oct-17 21:41:53

My DD (10) is not impressed! She loves everything Disney.
Have to admit it’s cute, I love the all her Disney clothes and toys and the films and songs are fun.

Bluelonerose Mon 23-Oct-17 21:42:47

I love Disney. I have clothes, cushions, pictures, dvds and I have a Disney tattoo.
I no people don't get it but that's fine I'm happy with my Disney obsession.

MissRabbitNeedsaSpaDay Mon 23-Oct-17 21:43:07

I’ll do a theme park for a day but the idea of Florida for weekend on end... urgh. Surrounded by furry dressed up people confused

BenLui Mon 23-Oct-17 21:43:39

MissRabbitt I know people who queued for hours for the opening of a Krispy Kreme donut shop confused they’re just... donuts.

People are bonkers.

MoistCantaloupe Mon 23-Oct-17 21:43:44

Grown ups in Disney clothes is a bit weird. Though I do have some Disney toys and when my mates were over drunk, we reenacted the 'circle of life' Simba scene with my fluffy Simba. So not sure I can judge.

TittyGolightly Mon 23-Oct-17 21:43:50

I was like you.

One trip with 4 3 year olds and I was hooked. grin

WeeBeasties Mon 23-Oct-17 21:44:12

Bibbibi bobbibi back the fuck up. Disney is childhood, whimsy, nostalgia. They're not all classics but many are excellent. The songs are great as well.

MissRabbitNeedsaSpaDay Mon 23-Oct-17 21:44:32

More puzzling ... mums at school act like I’m some kind of heathen for not wanting to take my DC’s to Disney...

BenLui Mon 23-Oct-17 21:45:47

The parents at our school are a bit like that about skiing. grin

CandyMelts Mon 23-Oct-17 21:45:49

People who go on honeymoon (no kids) to Disneyland are not people I understand

CotswoldStrife Mon 23-Oct-17 21:45:55

I like Disney, I love the way they do things - high standards, impressive presentation all the stuff that I can't do consistently myself and the films have a nostalgia value that I love too especially watching films with my DD that I remember watching with my own mother.

OTOH, our household doesn't really get Harry Potter tbh.

Aderyn17 Mon 23-Oct-17 21:46:16

Disneyland is fab. Especially now Disney has the Star Wars franchise. So yabu for that bit.
The Disney shops leave me cold though - overpriced plastic/nylon tat imo.

Crispsheets Mon 23-Oct-17 21:47:32

Can't beat the darkness of Dumbo, Snow White and Bambi.

SuperBeagle Mon 23-Oct-17 21:47:46

I don't get it. But I never had any interest in princesses as a child, so never saw any of the princess movies (still haven't). I did watch the animal ones, like The Lion King, The Rescuers, The Aristocats etc. But that's it.

I like theme parks though. Doesn't matter whether it's Disney or something else.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: