Talk

Advanced search

changing nappy before car trip

(9 Posts)
lastlaugh Mon 23-Oct-17 16:10:01

My pet peeve is that I like to think ahead and change my baby's nappy before we drive somewhere. For example, if we go shopping and then are going to drive somewhere else I want to change a wetor dirty nappy even if I have to do it in the back if the car in the car park (if there's changing facilities available I will use them) Otherwise I often or crying most of the way home. Plus I think it's really unfair on baby not to. Yet I get criticised for this. Surely I am not being unreasonable?

Scarydinosaurs Mon 23-Oct-17 16:11:45

Who criticises you and what is their criticism?

Namechangetempissue Mon 23-Oct-17 16:12:08

Who would criticise that? Surely its just common sense? I've changed god knows how many dirty nappies in the back of the car. Takes under a minute.

lastlaugh Mon 23-Oct-17 16:26:55

Husband. Criticism is that it doesn't take long to get where we are going and baby is in wet nappy for hours at night. The moaning doesn't bother him as much

Namechangetempissue Mon 23-Oct-17 16:32:36

Nappy change takes no time at all. Surely he wants his child to be comfortable? The crying shows the baby isn't happy.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 23-Oct-17 16:36:18

I would do the same. That way if there's a good up or you spontaneously decide to go somewhere then you dont have to worry about the added time so much.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 23-Oct-17 16:36:32

Hold up

lastlaugh Mon 23-Oct-17 16:49:23

Thank you all. That's the thing, Gileswithachainsaw, even if it's just unexpected traffic it can be longer than you think, or plans can change

lastlaugh Mon 23-Oct-17 16:57:44

I've accidentally posted two threads, so thank you all and can we close this up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now